Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAM   10 September 2017

Search of a lawyer

In a discussion earlier in the forum, I was advised to apply divorce on basis of mental cruelty. 1. She had posted many vulgar messages to my FB friends. And efforts to stop them were in vain. My main intention of this message now is find a lawyer in bengaluru to represent me.


 10 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     10 September 2017

Firstly change your password of FB account. It is also a form of cruelty. You have a good case and every chance of success. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2017

Preferably visit Family Courts/HC in person and inquire about senior very able counsels of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such matters and having successful track record..............


Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2017

Ask around from person that have faced such disputes and PIP and you can shortlist  and chose.............. 


If you wish to search in LCI databank you can search at:

Radha Krishna   10 September 2017

Contact one Rakesh Martyn Advocate.  He is available on the forum and is from Bangalore.

RAM   21 September 2017

Hello all,

I met a lawyer through a common friend. He suggested the following points.

  1. Its not advisable to go for divorce from my side.
  2. Rather file a petition to call her for starting a family again.
  3. After this even if she files cases like DV, 498A.. they are not of much use. Is it?
  4. Whats your suggestion

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     22 September 2017

Mr.Ram it seems that the lawyer to whom you have consulted is young in legal profession. Consult an experienced lawyer.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     22 September 2017

There is no point filling RCR as 1) You have no intention of saving the marriage and 2) Its an even longer drawn battle.  He may be advising you to file for RCR so as to avoid the criminal litigation which may be filed by your wife and to save you from paying alimony.  You have to take the final call.

RAM   25 September 2017


Actually, I filed so called RCR last year itself. And since i was no longer interested in calling her back, didnt follow the application further. I was told that once I file a case in one court/place i cannot file divorce in any other jurisdiction. 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 September 2017

That depends on several factors.  Refer to Sec 19 of the HMA to understand the Courts in which litigation can be initiated.


Consult a old advocate who will shave your head without single drop of water. Carry parachute oil with you, he might even put few drops on yuor head and do malish.

What I suggest you is, go to mayo hall.  Do eenie meeni moe and select one lawyer.  If you want divorce, file it.  If you want wife bring her back and bang her.  Choice is yours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads