LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kolli Praveen Kumar (SE)     19 September 2011

Sbi credit card

I am Praveen Kumar Kolli and my mobile number is 9701001798. I had not taken any credit card from SBI cards but still I am getting calls from SBI customer care for payment. I am holding this number for the past 3 years and I am getting the calls from past 6 months.
Also they are not ready to share any details other than Payment details. Also they are not aware of any other details other than my mobile number.For the past 7 years I had never been a resident of Banglore and they are telling that I am a resident of Banglore

Today (19-Sep-2011) I had received almost 10 calls from SBI (080-32486862) and they are using abusing language.

Also,to raise a complaint on SBI cards site its asking for Credit card number which I don't have.Even for talking to customer care also its asking for Credit card number.So I sent a mail to bangalore@sbi.co.in,feedback.gesbi@ge.com.

Please do let me know what else can be done from my side to overcome this issue.Please guide

Learning

2 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     19 September 2011

Record the conversations and file a police-case in P.S. U/s.503 of Indian Penal Code.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 September 2011

Learned Mr. Chandrasekhar has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it completely.

Obtain complaint number for the telephonic complaints you have lodged and maintain record.The matter is such that you should escalate to Divya Dhody, Chief  Nodal officer, and mention call details with phone number and date and demand to give you in writing the name with sirname, department, designation, office address with pin code, office phone number with STD code, email id, fax number of the  SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd ( avoid writing SBI cards) employee who made these abusive/threatening calls and if the person is from a collection/recovery agency then the name of the company with its registration number as registered with RBI and name of proprietor/director of the company. You should specifically mention that you have never submitted any form for the credit card from SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd and no card has been supplied to you and used by you. You can demand a copy of the form , and charge slips ,Bills from the alleged date of issuance, each page of which should be duly certified under the original seal and signature of the competent employee of SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd with his/her name with sirname, department, designation, office address with pin code, office phone number with STD code, email id, fax number.

In each city ,in main branch of SBI ,an agent/executive/employee of SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd, is given a seat/counter to solicit credit card of State bank of India subsidiary, SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd, from the bank customers/walk in customers and one official of the bank is designated to handle cards. You can approach them with a written complaint and obtain acknowledgment. If they decline you may submit it at the counter, where all post is received, under acknowledgment. The purpose is to make them a party.

You should specifically demand to stop the phone calls, beg apology in writing on the SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd letterhead, under the original seal and signature of the competent employee of SBI Card & Payment Services Ltd with his/her name with sirname, department, designation, office address with pin code, office phone number with STD code, email id, fax number, at once so as to reach you within next 7 days by registered/speed post only at their cost and consequences.

You should lodge a complaint with RBI. If what you have stated is right, you are sure to get relief and compensation. Kindly post the updates in this forum. Your feedback shall help many other citizens/innocent victims of this company who visit the forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register