LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratap Singh   19 March 2020

Sbi asks to pay loan which was concessioned in lok adalat

I had taken a student loan long back and was not regular for repayment later i recieved a notice from state bank of india asking to attend the lok adalat as there concession will be given. I had attended lok adalat and concession was given and asked to pay the fixed amount by them after giving concession, they had asked to pay in 3 EMI's and i had paid the amount as fixed by them in 3 EMI's but now it is showing in next years account, and they are asking to pay it. I had visited the SBI's zonal office and talked to them they say that i had not taken the NOC so it is showing i asked them to provide the NOC but they refuse saying now it has come to next years account and you need to pay the amount which was given as concession. 
I am not willing to pay it as i have already paid asked in Lok Adalat.

  1. What all legal things i can do to overcome this?
  2. As i have paid the amount fixed by judges in lok adalat again should i pay amount     which was given as concession.
  3. Should i visit the court against SBI for asking the amount which was given as  concession what steps should i take whom to meet in court what case do i need to file.
  4. Please Help me through this as i am in very much problem and 


 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 March 2020

Do you have any receipt for the One Time Settlement amount deposited with SBI ? If so, nothing is outstanding and you can safely ignore their demand.

Discuss with the Bank and get NOC in terms of Lok Adalat decision. 

Advocate M.Bhadra   19 March 2020

The Lok Aadalat have statutory status under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 and have powers similar to those vested in a civil court. All awards are binding on all parties and can not be appealed. According to RBI guidelines, banks can use Lok Adalats to recover loans. Send a copy of settlement order to Bank and ignore their demand.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     19 March 2020

If you have the order copy passed by lok Adalat and the receipt of payment acording to that order then you don't need to pay any maounts. You can just send reply to any notice issued by SBI and ask them to issue the NOC. If they failed to issue the NOC then you can file a writ for issuance of NOC.

manohar   19 March 2020

Bring the issue to Ombedsman in RBI

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 March 2020

Take some time and meet Secretry, Legal Services Authority and explain him the position orally and also in writing and get his guidance as there should be some type of writing down minutes during such LOKADALATS.


Naresh Dhanjal   20 March 2020

you need lok adalats order without which you cannot do anything. lok adalats order is not appealable also so SBI cannot claim more money from you now. you have to have a lok adalat order first rest all comes afterwards.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 March 2020

The banks indulge in such unfair trade practices especially due to the mistake and lethargic attitude of the officials who attend the lok adalat to finalise the matter and not following it up with the followup action, hence the innocent public are made to run from pillar to post seeking reliefs.

Your case has already been settled in lok adalat hence the lok adalat will be having the copy of the orders passed by them 

The orders will specify the settlement in full which is  equal to the judgment passed by a regular  court 

You can obtain the copy of the orders of the lok adalat in this connection and file a consumer case against the bank seeking compensation for their deficiency in service and also the unfair trade practice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register