Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

couch potato (Student)     11 January 2011

sale of property under will

Respected Sir/ Madam,

I have inherited my grandfathers property (sole beneficiary) by way of a will in Mumbai. the probate is in process.I reside in the same property with my wife , an uncle and his family. Now, in order to pay certain dues to the other beneficiaries under the will,who have assests other than the property bequethed to them, the high court of Mumbai has directed me to sell the house even while the probate is in process.this is to ensure that they recieve their share of money due from the will.

Now my uncle who stays with me, is not allowing me to showcase the property to customers. he does this by creating hurdles by way of locking up two bedrooms out of the 3 that we have .further, whenever a buyer walks in, they try to interfere in the matters by telling the buyers that the property is under dispute and that they should not buy it, thus driving away potential buyers. I amconstantly in touch with the execotor and he is also well updated on the situation.

Now my concerns a are-

1- Can they do this legally?

2- isnt this contempt of court?

3- What can I do to solve this matter  so that I can sell this house and pay off my dues and live peacefully with my own family?

4  Can i throw them out  or ask them to leave the house and move tot heir own respective  flats which they have purchased few yrs back and is ready to move in?

thank you .

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register