LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adilakshmi (gm)     06 February 2010

Sale of land on agreement

I Adilakshmi sold 1 acer of land on 1998 but not rigistered. I entered into the agreement and have given the possession of the land to the buyer in the same year. The agreement is not rigistered.At the agreement time the buyer has given me Rs.97000 but total amount is Rs.100000. The main condition on the agreement is to register the land after paying remaining amount. Buyer of the land did not give the remaing amount. Is the buyer has any legal right on the land and how can i repossess my land and cancel the agreement???

Learning

3 Replies

mahesh kumar yadav (Advocate)     06 February 2010

can u tel me what are the terms and condtions mentioned in the agreement?

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     06 February 2010

The limitation for filing a suit for specific performance of contract by both parties expired. You need to file a suit for recovery of possession. As no registered sale deed is executed, th buyer will not get absolute ownership rights in respect of land sold by you. Option left with him is filing of suit for declaration based on adverse possession as he is in continuous possession since 1998.

adilakshmi (gm)     06 February 2010

the terms and conditions of the agreement are as follows:

1. Agreement is not rigistered.

2. I have given immidiate possession to the buyer.

3. Agreeement is due agreement. (Rs.3000 buyer has to give me)

4. After Paying the remining (i.e.,Rs.3000) money i have to register the land to the buyer. 

5. No time limitation.

6. After paying due amount (i.e.Rs.3000) whenever the buyer asks i have to register.

I sold it to Rs.100000. the value of the land now is 7000000.  can u tell me how i repossess my land as it is not rogistered??? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register