LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreekala Nair   26 October 2022

Sale of inherited property with birth right

My father has inherited his father's property. Now he wants to sell that land, our query was can his inherited property be sold without anyone's consent?

Since he mentioned that his mother has birthright on this property. 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 October 2022

How the property can be termed as "ancestral" in the hands of your father. which is stated to have been acquired through his (your father's) mother ?

The facts posted are vague, confusing and fabricated.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if there is "some" truth in the story.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2022

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2022

Inheritance rights of grandchildren: Granddaughter and grandson have an equal share in the ancestral property along with their father. In case if the property of grandfather is self-acquired, the grandson or granddaughter will have the right to succession only if the father dies before the grandfather.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query