LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown blogger (ABC)     02 June 2018

Sale deed

I have bought house in Mumbai. The previous owner was having covered car parking and while registering the same agreement we mentioned flat with one car parking. Now when we have submitted documents for transfer, society raised objection on mentioning of car parking and are forcing us to remove that line from sale agreement. pls advise

Learning

3 Replies

Yukta Garg   04 June 2018

Dear sir/ mam, thank you for putting forth your query. I hope we are able to address this well.
According to me, You can only claim the car parking by virtue of previous owner only if he had acquired that for more than 20 years as per Adverse possession rule. But these 20 years must be continous and without any objection. Here, you can have the car parking without any further dilemmas.
But if this isn't the case, then,  you will have to sort this out with the previous owner as per your need of a flat with car parking. Either he will discuss and resolve this dispute with society members or you will have to change the sale deed.
Hope this helps! Goodluck!

Unknown blogger (ABC)     04 June 2018

Thank you very much for the reply

Unknown blogger (ABC)     09 July 2018

Thank you madam, i am trying to get the sale deed ammended but i am told to pay stamp duty on parking and get the same regulerised, where as my society is asking me to remove the parking clause.

can an indiminity bond stating that the parking clause mentioned in the agreement is not valid will do? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register