LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vicky (None)     03 December 2011

Salary not received




I have a problem with my ex- company.

1. I was hired on contract for a project. 

2. My contract salary was Rs 20000, (in hand Rs 15000, on hold Rs 5000 which is payable after project completion)

3. Although in hand salry ws Rs 15000, I was recieving only Rs 10000 in hand. No written document stating the reduction of my in hand amount.

4. Project completed, but still no money was paid to me.

5. My contract was renewed every 3 months. After my contract ended last time, no renewal of my contract. I was ensured salry every month. Company becomes money less, stops everybodies salary.

6. I stayed for 3 months hoping my hold amount will release including salary. Nothing happened. 

7. For 4 months I didnot get any compensation from company. Only assurances that company will pay me money. I was asked to work althought no guarantee of salary payment.

8. I resigned since there was no money coming, no payroll, all hold amount outstanding for 1.3 yrs. I waited for my relieving letter as was assured by the Executive Director of the company earlier.

9. Comapny wanted to retain me, I didnt agree on the ground of no compensation. 

10. Company not giving me relieving letter, nor my old outstandings.

11. All requests sent for payment of outstanding and relieving letter through emails. Repeated reminders sent to Executive Director with no result.


What do I do for this? Can I take legal actions? My total outstanding is for last 1 yr 8 months. Company never took any initiative for paying me the outstandings, nor taking me into roles, nor extending my contract. Company has zero amount with them. None of the employees are getting paid. When I resigned they offered me payroll, some amount but these were not immediate, these will be paid after sometime. However no guarantee. Regarding payroll, it was not offered for immediate offer, but after one month which again was not agreed by me, since the company is not at worthy to work, the work culture is very bad and of no interest to me.


What to do?


They simply want to take work without paying me.


Now what can I do to get my relieving letter. Every employee is suffering from non payment of their hold amount, many didnt receive relieving letter also. All are trying to sue the company. I also want to join them. Please suggest what has to be done.


 5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     04 December 2011

Dear Vickey

send a legal notice through an advocate and demand your dues, if the company does not clear your due then file a suit for recovery in civil court and file a complaint before Labour Court for dues and compantation.

feel free to call

1 Like

Vicky (None)     06 December 2011

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advice. The same condition applies to many people in that company. Many have left the company because of non payment of salary and hold amount. They all want to sue this company. Can we join hands together and file a solid case so that this company can get some lessons out of it. This company is spoiling many people's career like this. They are threatening people if anybody talks about legal steps against the company. 

Please suggest.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     11 December 2011

yes,you can.

Vicky (None)     11 December 2011

So how do we take the steps?

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     12 December 2011

hire local lawyer, who is expert in service and labour laws for futher action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query