LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil   06 January 2024

Salary cheating issue

Hi, I've been with the company for the last two years. I was initially offered a salary of seven lakhs per annum, as agreed upon, and the offer letter stated a Total CTC of "Seven Hundred Thousand Eleven Rupees." This included a Fixed Bonus of 5% of the gross pay (paid after 1 year of the salary cycle) - "Thirty-Two Thousand Three Hundred Seven Rupees and Ninety-Two Paise," TDS Deducted Per Annum: "Sixty-Four Thousand Six Hundred Sixteen Rupees and Forty Paise" ("Five Thousand Three Hundred Eighty-Four Rupees and Seventy Paise" per month), Leave Salary Annum-wise: "Twenty-One Thousand Five Hundred Thirty-Nine Rupees and Eight Paise," and In-hand Net Salary: "Forty-Eight Thousand Four Hundred Sixty-Two Rupees and Thirty Paise."

However, when I filed my tax return last year, I received only "Twenty-Seven Thousand Rupees" in returns, and the TDS portal showed an amount of tax deposited/remitted as "Twenty-Seven Thousand One Hundred Two Rupees." This raised concerns about possible discrepancies.

Due to work pressure, lack of bonus or increment after the first year, I planned to leave the company. When I communicated this, they offered a salary hike. In the new structure, with a net pay of "Fifty-Seven Thousand Rupees," including TDS of "Four Thousand Nine Hundred Forty-Seven Rupees" per month, PF contributions, and other components, the annual equivalent is "Seven Hundred Sixty-Seven Thousand Six Hundred Fifty-Two Rupees." This seems significantly lower than the promised 30% increment from my joining CTC.

I am troubled by the situation as my hard-earned income, which supports my family, is affected. Despite working long hours, I faced delays in increments and bonuses. They only agreed to a hike when I considered resigning.

I am still with the same company but would like to know if there are any laws that can address this issue, not just for me but for others facing similar situations. I can provide all necessary documents for review.


Thank you.


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 January 2024

Show the appointment letter to a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts and professional advise.

Anil   07 January 2024

Yes i can. I am here to check if there any law against this. if so Can you please give a small breif.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2024

If you have signed the employment offer letter agreeing to the conditions thereon, then you are bound by them.

If you are aggrieved over the developments and are disappointed by the salary hidden issues, you can leave the organisation by observing the conditions of resignation.

There's no illegality on the part of the company.

If you are aggrieved by the company's undesirable activities, you can represent and seek to redress your grievances in the manner known to law.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register