LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishh00610 (cs)     01 October 2015

Salary and notice issue. need urgent solution

Hi. I have an issue of salary. I joined on april 22 and left at 20th july. I was told at the time of interview that i will work as compliance officer and even in offer letter it was written that. But after 1 month they said i am appointed as company secretary & compliance officer and i have to give my membership number. I said i was not told about that at the time of appointment. They said if i dont want to give my membership no. than i can leave the co. Another thing was i was based at ahmedabad and they wanted my membrship. no. for a listed co. in mumbai and they didnt want to give any responsibilities of cs of that co. They just wanted my membership no. as name lending. Nor was i given any details regarding that company. Even in office i was not given any proper work or job descriptttttttion. Moreover i agreed to give my membership no. once they give me appointment letter. But even after 3 months they didnt provide appointment letter so i said no to give membership no. But at the last they were forcing me for that. So i left the job on july 20. I mailed them resignation and next month they didnt give me salary for 20 days of july. i mailed the same for salary but they said no. Now on 30th sep they have sent notice that i didnt fulfill the notice period so they want compensation of 1 month or else they willtake legal route. They even sent the copy of notice to icsi the institute of cs.

Now what action can i take in this? I officially was not appointed nor was given appointment letter nor was told about any notice period. even last salary of july have not been given. I am worried they ahve sent the copy of notice to icsi. Kindly help me what action can i take?   

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2015

Explain the matter in writing in reply to the notice and with a copy to ICSI and close.Let the company revert on your reply.

Has any reference been made to notice period or some service rules/conditions etc in offer letter and/or is it mentioned in offer letter that appointment letter shall be issued upon joining.

Does ICSI agree with name lending practise.............?

Is there any evidence that name lending was pressed on you?

Aparently there seems to be only one contention for the employer that you accepted appointment without appointment order and service rules shall apply to you.

Nishh00610 (cs)     10 October 2015

Yes it is mentioned in offer letter that appointment letter with all terms and conditions will be given upon joining. Nothing about notice period is mentioned in offer letter. And i didnt receive appointmentletter even ater 3 months. So will the question of notice period arise? ICSI does not permit name lending. I was working in ahmedabad in other company and they have given offer letter of the company in mumbai..Wont it be enough proof? I haven't signed any document stating i will give notice period when i leave nor was i presented apointment letter so isn't the contention of company invalid? And ICSI still hasn't sent me any letter or notice for explanation so should i send reply to ICSI too? Or wait for their letter?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register