LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AS   16 August 2014

Rti to bsnl for call details for my bills in 2012

Please advise , Can i file RTI to BSNL for my own phone connection "incoming and outgoing call" details in Jan 2012 .

Also i need same for few specific months on 2013.

I need to this fight flase 498A .

Learning

13 Replies

LoneFighter (IT)     16 August 2014

As far as i know you can probably send a notice to them asking for details mentioning your case. 

If you have a postpaid connection..and the conection is on your name, you can ask for details right away..

If the connection is not on your name, you might have to move it through the court..

AS   16 August 2014

Prepaid  phone on my name .

Service Provider : BSNL

Can iu file RTI , without giving details ? by stating - I just need for my kowledge

ajaybishnoi (Private Lawyer)     16 August 2014

Yes you can with out giving any details

ajaybishnoi (Private Lawyer)     16 August 2014

Yes you can with out giving any details

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     16 August 2014

RTI can be filed to only Public Authority for Public Information (Not personal & third party information).

For your own calls, you can get easily by contacting them. RTI is not required.

C.Shanmugam (x)     17 August 2014

Sir,

You can file RTI Application by enclosing postal order for Rs.10-00 by calling  required details pertains your phone number by RP AD,. If any doubt you may contact me (shanmugam628@yahoo.co.in)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 August 2014

1. The phone records may or may not be available for a period exceeding ONE YEAR.

2. You may ask legally for outgoing details by paying a certain fee.

3. You can get the same preserved  by moving an application for preservation of records in the concerned court by making BSNL a party.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

LoneFighter (IT)     19 August 2014

@Shonee sir,

I remember reading one of your posts saying call details records like to which number call is made, sms is made, from which network the call is made etc is stored for 7 years. 

could you plz explain.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     20 August 2014

Indeed in 1999 it was set at 7 years, but later reduced to 3 years and now as the things stand it is 1 year. I was not aware about these changes till few months back; when one of the members of LCI sent me the circular of TRAI in this regard.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

LoneFighter (IT)     21 August 2014

@Shonee sir..

That is actually a huge blow to me. I was under the impression this could be one of the main evidence in my friends case. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     21 August 2014

I can empathize; however, all is not lost; I got it for 16 months from one service provider. Atleast try.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2014

You may by a written application request for the call details directly to the service provider within your jurisdiction, by replying they will suggest you the solutions or the steps to obtain them.

LoneFighter (IT)     23 August 2014

Thanks Shonee Sir and Kalaiselvan Sir. I have started the application process and i should get call records soon. I am just being hopeful that i should be able to get details for at least 2 years. Thanks for suggestions. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register