Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (m)     06 October 2019

Right of legal hair in co-operative housing society flat



Flat was self acquired by grandfather in 1990 in delhi co-operative society.  Both grandfather and grandmother as well as their son died in early 2000s. Its currently occupied by the grandson who has lived there since birth. Flat is currently in name of grandfather since and has not been transferred to anybody due to a dispute with another legal heir who lives elsewhere and has not lived there since last 5-6 years. Current grandson pays maintainence and house tax.

Question is can property continue in name of original owner till dispute is resolved  ? Can there be objection to grandson residing  there from society members even though he is one of the legal heirs or the municipal corporation ?





 1 Replies

shamataneja (Advocate)     31 January 2020

it is advisable to obtain letters of administration from the court by which you will be appinted as an administrator of the estate of the deceased . An administrator appointed by the court can sue or be sued and as such you will be administrator of 5he property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register