LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr.Amitabha (Professor)     03 February 2010

return of gift ded

Sir, My mom and her two sisters(they have no brother) has gift deed me a part of their ancestral property,which was supposed to my mothers part. The gifted property has been registered and mutation has been done in local municipality. Due to some familial problem I would like to return this property to my mother. Is  it ligally possible to transfer that property to my mother?  Can I do that? Please help.


 2 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     03 February 2010

You can transfer by a fresh gift or sale  deed .

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     05 February 2010

The said Gift Deed can be cancelled by executing a registered revocation deed  at the instance of both Donor and Donee. I think it is not expensive when compared to Gifting again to you donor. Contact local Registrar office about the latest stamp duties payable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query