LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yash Gupta (Well Engineer)     24 June 2010

Restaurant requirements in mall

Hello gentlemen. I'm planning on opening an ice cream parlour in one of the malls in New Delhi. I have gone through some material in this forum and in google. Most of the material point to legal requirements that are required for opening an independent restaurant. Do these also apply when opening an eatery in a retail mall?

Can you please guide me towards what legal requirements are required for such an endeavour. Any input is much appreciated.

Regards, Yash

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     24 June 2010

requirements for restaurant and ice-cream parlour are different,

well there are minimal legal procedure i.e. if applicable to get relevant license. of shops & establioshment,food etc.

Yash Gupta (Well Engineer)     24 June 2010

Sir, is it possible that you can highlight on the requirements that you have mentioned. I understand that they might not be something that would be at the top of the mind, but I am currently in the research phase of the project, and in a way willing to wait for assistance from anyone volunteering.

Basically what I am thinking about is an ice cream parlour with a sitting area, so no kitchen in place (probably only large amounts of cold storage).

Thanks 

Rahul Goyal (Student)     24 June 2010

You are required to obtain license under PFA i.e. Prevention Of Food Adulteration Act from the concerned corporation of your city

As well as you are required to have a Shop License from Municipal Authority of your city

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register