LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Panchal   04 May 2019

respondent is not accepting the notice

sir i had sended the notice to my wife but she is not accepting the notice deliberately and second notice i had tried to deliver by court belief than also they are not accepting what should i do


 2 Replies

D V K KUMAR   04 May 2019

Sir, if it's a civil case than file an application under section Order 5 Rule 20 regarding paper publication in leading newspaper readable in her area. Otherwise, if a criminal case file an application for summoning respondent through Superintendent of Police ( SP) of the city at her home address, along with, her work place. It will definitely work. I did it and found it most effective.
Hope it will help you.
Warm Regards,
1 Like

ASHIF. K.M.   04 May 2019

If the notice is returned by the serving officer with his statement that the addressee refused to receive, the Court may pass an exparte order as the refusal itself amounts of service .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query