Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Resignation with short notice and letters

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2013

I believe Mr Kumar Doab has given enough advise. Beyond this he should meet his lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2013

@ Mr. Sudhir Kumar,

Sir,

You would have noticed from many more threads that many of the employees and primarily from IT/ITeS/BPO/Software sector are fearsome and afraid of approaching a lawyer, leave apart court of law, state machinery including but not limited to police, Inspectors under various enactments enacted by Central and State Governments, Trade unions………………………..

Whereas the employers in this sector employee one of the highest number of legal brains on their side………………………………..they lobbied hard and obtained one of the highest number of incentives, freebies thru many avenues from state/central govt’s………………………………they succeeded to get IT policies (read IT policy of any state govt including Maharashtra)  specially designed for them……….exemptions granted specially for them…………………………..They do not hesitate to go to  lawyer.

Whereas employees in this sector especially: They are drilled to believe that if they are member of some trade union, employee’s forum they status shall erode as it is for some lowly category of employees…………………………whereas Trade Unions have been instrumental in bringing some of the enactments which are protecting the employees.

It is not without reasons that in many of the sectors Officers form their associations, guild, IC’s and they do a fine job to defend their interest. Employees in these sectors also work hard and justify each penny of their salary. The difference since they are united, they are well informed and they are well protected also. In case a situation arises they know that their union will stand by them and their lawyers will counsel them and defend them.

These employees do not want to read and update themselves on benefits like ‘Standing Orders’, ‘Works Committees’ and are exploited day in day out by employers and their executioners in HR, Line management…………………………

It is beyond our understanding why the employees suffer in silence.

With your advice you have helped many of the querists. May I please request you to provide your valuable inputs and advice for employees in this sector so that they shed their inhibitions and rise to defend their rights. I shall request all learned experts/members to provide their valuable advice so that employees in this sector rise and defend their rights.

State Governments like Karnataka have ended blanket exemptions from ‘Standing Orders’…………….which is a result of painstaking efforts of employees and their associations in Karnataka.

State of Kerala has made the standing orders applicable to all commercial establishments (which include IT/ITeS/BPO/Software companies) and now till draft standing orders by these companies are certified Model Standing Orders shall apply…………………………….

This is a big relief to employees.

Maharashtra as the name suggest is big state and trade unions have been very active and effective in this state…………………….It has one of the finest lawyers/law firms in the country and they are world class.

Employees in IT/ITeS/BPO/Software companies realize that Bombay Shops and Establishments Act is so employee friendly…………………………..

And that they should also unite.

Trade unions shall be happy to embrace them.

Employee in this sector especially and in all sectors and trade must keep access to good lawyers. It is the must thing to do in today’s’ scenario.

Beyond a limit employee should not hesitate to approach state and courts of law.

After all Courts and state is ‘ Parens Patriae’

{Courts and state is Parent to the Nation.}

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2013

that is true.

But unless aggrieved party meets a lawyer or goes to court your advise with all diligence, sincrerity and thorough approach is not going to help.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2013

@ Mr. Sudhir Kumar,

Sir,

Further posts from my end shall stop here.

It was felt that it shall be pertinent and prudent to attach a few publications which would be relevant for the employees of this sector……………………………..

These attachments show that there are individuals that are serious on the present day plight of the employees and trade unions want them to unite.

If they want to defend their rights they have to unite.

If the employers step on their toes, they need to approach their lawyers.

Came across a few couplets which are very interesting;

“ Khud hi ko kar buland itna, Ki kuda khud tujhse puche ,

Ki bold bande, teri raja kya hai.”

AND

“Bare badnasib the jo karar tak na pahunche,

Dar-e-Yaar tak pahunche,

Dil-e- yaar tak na pahunche”

{ They are unfortunate, they did not attain fulfillment,

They reached door of beloved, they did not reach the heart of the beloved}

Attached File : 69288379 need for union wolg article draft2-6-1.doc, 69288379 union does it industry need a trade union.doc downloaded: 46 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2013

Attached

Attached File : 69288379 challenges for organising bpo workers in india.doc downloaded: 41 times

Satswid (None)     04 September 2013

Thanks everyone especially Kumar sir to guide and support me.

I swear I will not let them go. I have collected enough evidence on paper and my case is very strong.

There is no way I will bear this injustice.

Thanks and I will ask you again in case of queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register