LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthick   03 July 2019

Resignation before notice period

Currently am working in reputed MNC company. Due to low salary and more work load I resigned my job and got an good offer in another concern. but the issue is that my new concern is asking for early joining by 45 days but my present employer is not accepting to releive me before completing the notice period. what should I do now ? pls help me. my new employer has accepted without releiving letter but asking me to submit the same after 3 months.

Learning

13 Replies

Javed Ansari (Senior Partner)     03 July 2019

you're stuck between two services now. however, i assume that u would've provided a tentative date for joining the new company. stick to that as it is not obligatory to heed to the request of your new employer. dont worry. it wont project you in negative light, but eventually you will establish yourself as a professional.

in the meanwhile complete all you HOTO activities and then request the management to consider relieving you early albeit against buyback of the balance unserved notice period by your new employer

sorry its buyout not buyback

sorry its buyout not buyback

Karthick   03 July 2019

I already informed them am ready to pay but they say that if they get replacement they will releive me immediately

Trust me they wont get a replacement so soon. I advise you to firstly complete the HOTO and then approach the management. If your boss still disagrees, write to the Managing Director and all below shall be taken care of. Complete HOTO first.

Regards,
Adv. Javed Ansari

Karthick   03 July 2019

just now I have informed my new employer about the situation. suggest me wat to explain and convince them

Karthick   03 July 2019

also writing to MD is of no use.

i would suggest you to complete the HOTO formalities and then attempt to convince the management

Karthick   03 July 2019

completing Hoto is not possible as am working in purchase and we have daily responsibilities

then you can write to MD. thats the best way out. you may be asked to give indemnity or undertaking relating to confidentiality etc.

Karthick   04 July 2019

now the organisation where I need to join is saying that if it is delayed we will cancel your offer. am worried now

Javed Ansari (Senior Partner)     04 July 2019

pls call to discuss this matter. my number is 9833454686

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register