Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Jobless)     02 February 2015

Resident of haryana marriage to nri

Dear Friends/ Learned Members

I am a resident of Haryana and got married to a UK national in Oct 2014. Both me and my wife are hindus.  I applied as per the prescribed rules and with documents within a month. Both me and my wife met the registrar in person at the time of application.  My wife returned shortly after that due to job constraints. After a long wait I was informed that as per rules the registrar of the constituency is supposed to verify the domicile of the foreign national with the respective embassy.

Unfortunately in my case, after much runaround the respective embassy replied to the registrar; clearly stating that their staff are not authorised and competent to reply or verify any UK citizen's nationality or domicile. Nearly 4 months have passed with my file being forwarded from the registrar to the SDM and then to the DC's office. I've just been informed verbally that a registration can only be possible under Special Marriage Act and not as per the HMA.

I would greatly appreciate if anybody in the forum has any relevant information/ case/ law to help me in these circumstances. Thanks in advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register