LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhika   02 January 2018

Reopen of 498a

Hello sir.we filed a case against my husband and in-laws.so many years they managed in the court.due to my personal problems I'm unaware of that case.i donor attend the court.now I came to that case was over in the month of June.can I reopen it.498 a,bigamy.pls advise

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     02 January 2018

What case was decided in the court? You haven't mentioned details of that case. If the divorce case decided and your husband got it than you can move appeal against it in the High Court. As far your complaint u/s 498a, bigamy etc. Check the status with police where you lodged the complaint. You can get the FIR registered if the police haven't till date done so. After registration of FIR that complaint can proceed.

Thank you sir.case was closed.because I didn't attend.i don't know wats happening there.i didn't get any summons.on June 1 st case closed.now I want to reopen

Thank you sir.case was closed.because I didn't attend.i don't know wats happening there.i didn't get any summons.on June 1 st case closed.now I want to reopen

Thank you sir.case was closed.because I didn't attend.i don't know wats happening there.i didn't get any summons.on June 1 st case closed.now I want to reopen.we did not file divorce.i filed 498 a and bigamy

Thank you sir.case was closed.because I didn't attend.i don't know wats happening there.i didn't get any summons.on June 1 st case closed.now I want to reopen.we did not file divorce.i filed 498 a and bigamy

Santhanalakshmi   02 January 2018

Hi Ms.Radhika, please find out the result of the case which had been initiated by you and then proceed with the next step. 

Family disputes such as divorce, maintenance and child custody are different from criminal proceedings intiated by you agianst your husband and in-laws. Hence you can seperately proceed with family court irrespective of whether criminal case is pending or dispossed of.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register