LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   23 July 2018

Rental property dispute

I am a senior citizen age 67 with no wife or children & live alone in a rented apartment.

I rented an apartment 18 years ago with only an oral agreement that I can stay as long as I want if I paid rent of Rs.4000.00 per month in cash which I did for 14 years. He did not give rent receipts.

Electricity,phone bills & Maintenance are in his name which I paid by checks for 18 years & I have original bills & receipts.

Almost 5 years ago in 2013 he sent two thugs at night when I am alone, who forced me to open the door saying that they have bought the apartment & want me to vacate immediately

I then hastily hired a lawyer who filed a suit. He never contacted me even though evidence hearing dates started posting since January 2017 & Now he says I have a final Evidence Hearing date ( My lawyer Calls it as a written Jubani ) tomorrow July 24 & wants original documents.

I can’t pull all the documents in a day. What can I do ? Can I talk to judge directly to give me more time ?

Lawyer wants originals tomorrow morning. Am I supposed to give him or take them to court ? Will court keep them & return later or verify same day in my presence & give them back to me ?

He is not giving me a copy of written evidence. What can I do ?

Thank You so much.

Learning

1 Replies

sulemank   23 July 2018

PLEASE KEEP A XEROX COPIES OF ALL YOU EVIDENCES

IT IS IMPORTANT 

ALSO IT SEEMS THAT YOU ARE NOT HAVING TRUST IN YOUR LAWYER, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LAWYER ANY TIME

ALSO INSIST TO YOUR LAWYER TO SUBMIT XEROX COPIES IN COURT AND NOT ORIGINALS

GIVE A UNDERTAKING IN COURT THAT YOU WILL SUBMIT ORIGINALS ON LATER DATE IF REQUIRED

AXIS JURIS, LEGAL CONSULTANTS, MUMBAI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register