Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Removal of electric pole from private plot

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Dear Amar Ramani,

The process of removal of electric pole is regulated under your States' Electricty Act and is quite costly and long one. That seems to be the reason that nobody from the WBSEDCL would have come to the fore to help or guide you. The WBSEDCL is required at first to get feasibility report from the field staff in the public versus your individual interest, If the cost is nominal, as per the rough estimate, and other public interest is not jeopardised, the work can be done departmentally by the order of the competent authority after administrative and financial sanction by the competent authorities that too after preparation of a project estimate Otherwise your request can be turned down, unless you are ready to bear the entire cost of the project, i.e., establishment, material, labour and other overheads + the cost of alternative arrangement for power supply, as may be required to be deployed on the project till completion and thereafter test checked by the quality assurance staff.

So, now, you have to decide whether you prefer to bear with the entire cost or want the job accomplished on charity basis. The success between the two tasks, i.e., departmental job vs. contributory work, is in the ratio of 95:05,.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 April 2017

But after the doctor MR IYER has attended to the emergency can the question not be asked?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 April 2017

But after the doctor Mr Iyer has attended to the emergency can the question not be asked?

(Guest)

Mr. Iyer,

Removal of an electric pole cannot be equated with physical emergency of a patient needed to be attended by a doctor. The process in this case is to be adopted as per the related Elecricity Act that deals with the distribution of electric power. Even if you equate the job with an operation of a patient, that involves a huge cost to be born, either by the State, if in the interest of masses, or by the applicant, if that serves his own interest.

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     13 April 2017

Mr.MPS Ramani, I refuse to be drawn into argument here since you have not seen the intrinsic meaning of my analogy. So no point in discussing further. Mr.Dhingra I emphasized on SOLUTION as that of Paramount importance & hence the example of the doctor, emergency and entrance point

(Guest)

Dear Natarajan Iyer,

If you don't mind, I may point out that the term "Intellectual Property" has nothing to do with the intrinsic meaning of any one's analogy. That is a legal term and deals with the ownership and use of creative works, including patent, copyright and trademark to which the electrical pole or supply of electricity has no relation at all.

Apparently, Dr MPS Ramani, having doctorate in technology, understands well about the term intellectual property. That is why, he has pointed out towards the wrong classification of the query.

amar rawani   13 April 2017

Greetings sir..

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions..

Firstly I want to apologise for if i might have put my query under wrong head. Its is related to my property so i thought it would be under the property section so i put it under there..

Secondly i want to clarify that the electric pole doesnt supply power to the public street light or any thing related to public intrest and it aint installed by the govt.

This mentioned electric pole was setup by individuals residing at the back of my property and the pole only supply power to those individual.

thank you...i apppreciate your concern..

Greetings sir..

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions..

Firstly I want to apologise for if i might have put my query under wrong head. Its is related to my property so i thought it would be under the property section so i put it under there..

Secondly i want to clarify that the electric pole doesnt supply power to the public street light or any thing related to public intrest and it aint installed by the govt.

This mentioned electric pole was setup by individuals residing at the back of my property and the pole only supply power to those individual.

thank you...i apppreciate your concern..

(Guest)

Dear Amar Ramani,

Half baked query without adequate background has caused lot of misunderstandings and controversies. There is a lot of difference between the work by and for a private party and for official purposes in the interest of public service. If the issue pertained to merely that electric pole was setup by individuals residing at the back of your property and the pole only supply power to those individual.where was the need to go to WBSEDCL. In that case your property was encroached upon by your an individual neighbour of yours. You could have served a legal notice to your neighbour to compel him to get the pole removed may be through WBSEDCL or somehow or the other at his own cost.

So, now you have the need to first confirm the real position and status of the electric pole, whether pertain to the WBSEDCL or the individual neighbor and then consult some local lawyer to help you legally. If that pertains to the job of WBSEDCL, I have already discussed about the official process to get the job done.

Thank you Mr.Ramani.

No comments.

Thank you sir for the help..

I already apologised for the misunderstanding created out of the less provided details about the case.

I dont know whose part of concern it is..i went to local police and they asked for mutual agreement upon removal..i cant just pull it out of the mud and throw it away coz it'd be an illegal act.. Previously i consulted a lawyer and according to his suggestion i went to WBSEDCL for the removal..

At last when none of these seemed promising i sought for help in this forum..

(Guest)

Just remember, whenever you come to this forum, come with full facts, as any legal opinion depends upon nature, characteristics and circumstances of the case.

In technology, qualification does not matter.

I am from the Technology field and i myself own TWO intellectual properties ( Teckie Lawyer and Teckie Brain ).

You may read my profile introduction on this forum.

My advise was based on experience since we had a 11KV pole within our property premises and we had it removed.

Also, let Mr.Ramani speak for himself. He did it and I have replied.

amar rawani   14 April 2017

I have already spoken..

I apologised for putting it in under wrong head...but the matter of the fact is that i dont belong to the LAW field..so its natural that i might not be aware of technical terms such as "intellectual property" 

No offence but Simply i asked for a suggestion not an unwanted argument having no relation to the topic of dicussion..

Thank you..

amar rawani   14 April 2017

Lastly the name is AMAR RAWANI

not RAMANI..

thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register