Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjiv   10 April 2019

Relinquishment deed for jointly owned property

We are joint owners of DDA flat. The flat was originally in name of our father who died long time ago without will. The allotment of flat was transferred to us ( wife + 3 children) at that time. After some years, the flat was later converted from leasehold to freehold and conveyance deed was made in favor of all 4 co-owners.

Now we, the children, want to transfer the flat solely in name of our mother without any consideration. Can we prepare Relinquishment deed for the flat? Do we have to pay stampt duty on it? Or do we have to prepare a Gift deed?


 2 Replies

basavaraj shiromani (Advocate)     10 April 2019

you can relinquish the rights over the proprty in favour of your mother. If you want to register it then you have to ;pay stamp duty, since it is an arrangement made between the same family, there is no need to register it.  you can also prepare gift deed in favour of your mother also.  In my opinion, Gift deed is the best so Please consult local lowyer for better choose.


Nikita Parekh   10 April 2019

You can share inbox your email for further communication

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register