Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bikram (software Developer)     11 January 2011

Relieving Letter

Sir,
I joined in a software organization 1 year before.I signed the offer letter.In the offer letter, it is mentioned that notice period is 1 month.After,6 month they have changed the notice period to 2 month by mail.But i have not replayed the mail or not signing any agreement after the changes in the notice period.Now, i am leaving the company,but the management told that i have serve 2 months notice period not 1 month.Actually,they are not relieving me and not to give relieving letter.They are forcing to stay 2 month as since no work for me,only they pressurizing.

Please sir give me solution.So,i can get the relieving letter.

Learning

3 Replies

M Kumar (engineer)     11 January 2011

I don't think you have any option. You are in a country where there is no labour law. All these IT companies exploiting their employees. They know that employees cannot do anything because there is no one in this country who could listen to the employees problem. If there voice would be listen then it will take years.

Enjoy the slavery. !!

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     12 January 2011

Dear Bikram,

in the offer letter you would be having a clause saying that the changed policies from time to time will apply to the employee, and when you've received the mail had you raised an objection then it would have been a different matter.......

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     16 January 2011

You was appointed on the basis of contract of services agreed by both the parties. This your service contract binding on both parties none of party has any right to change or alter this contract unilaterally. You making any change or alteration, the consent of both parties is must. Thus you are bound by your appointment letter/officer letter in which requirement of one month notice is mentioned. Merely sending email to any party does not give any authority to your employer to change the notice period. It is merely an officer not contract.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register