LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laxman Karandikar (CTO)     09 January 2012

Reliance comms

I had a broadband connection from Reliance Infocomm at Hyderabad. For some reason I decided to discontinue the connection. So I emailed a request to that effect on 29.11.2011. It was duely acknowledged and I was informed that the services will be disconnected within 48hours. I stopped using the service immediately. I disconnected the router also. 

Then I received a bill for the month of december 2011. I contacted RCOM to find out why. I was told that they contacted me and I gave them the confirmation that I wished to continue. This is not true. They did contact me and I emphatically told them that I had no intention to continue and connection must be discontinued.

I gave them the reference of their mail and the request ID. 

Is there any legal remedy available?

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     09 January 2012

you can send the formal notice to the RCOMP and ask for what are proof have you that i reconnection of broadband.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 January 2012

This is a tactics applied by almost all companies out of which your service provider and Airtel are most notorious.

The companies are fat loosing business due to competition, better choice, poor services, malpractices, disenchantment amongst the customers. To retain the number of accounts first the customer service personnel are given the task to retain the customer and then the game/unfair practices openly starts.

Unpaid bill are referred to collection, then recovery agencies. Then someone posing as police inspector, court staff shall start harassing the customer. Nothing happens to company and its staff as rarely some customer rise to fight and lodge criminal complaint.

Even the telecom companies now demand PAN card copy from customers and unpaid a/c are referred to credit bureaus, and customer is declared a defaulter.

You may demand in writing from RCOM and the personnel who declared that you have verbally expressed to continue the connection, that they should reply in writing and supply you name, designation, department, address with pin code, of personnel who called you along with phone number with STD code from which call was made, date and time of call and your phone number at which call was made, and also the printout from the note pad of computer vide which your consent was updated. Most likely it shall not be made available to you.

Most probably this personnel shall be located in RO of RCCOM in your city. You may go to the office in \group with your near and dear ones, with written representation, obtain acknowledgment from the BM, under seal and signature, and create enough noise so that complaint number is issued , reversal in bill is granted, on  disconnection advice , FNF showing nil balance is issued to you on the spot.

We have done the same in such cases with Airtel and thus resolved the matter for many members of our community.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     09 January 2012

you first contact the nodal officer of the company and than appeallate officer and them go the telecom authority with your complaints.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register