LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

C Goswami   28 August 2019

Releasing part two of share in inherited property

We 3 siblings inherited equal share in house property at Delhi. Youngest brother wants to keep his flat but release his share of basement fully to me and his share of terrace rights equally to me and other brother. Is this possible? If so what documents must he sign? What would be stamp duty on this transfer of rights? I am the eldest and the sister of my two brothers.

Learning

14 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 August 2019

Relinquishment Deed.

Thank you. But can he relinquish his shares which is only part of his total inheritance without a registered partition deed?

Thank you. But can he relinquish his shares which is only part of his total inheritance without a registered partition deed?

You need to make a family settlement deed.

Does the the family settlement deed have to be registered at registrar�s office or can it simply be notarised?

Does the the family settlement deed have to be registered at registrar�s office or can it simply be notarised?

Always register any  Immovable property deed properly with due payment of stamp duty...

Thank you. But stamp duty is very high and we are not selling our shares so no inflow of money to offset the cost. How good then is the family settlement deed? Does it not give any rights?

Shashi Dhara   28 August 2019

It can be done in competent court of law .or subregistrar office.

If family settlement deed gives all agreed shares(including the shares relinquished by youngest brother) then separate relinquishment deed not required?

With agreed shares specified in family settlement deed ( including shares released by youngest brother) is there need for separated relinquishment deeds?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 August 2019

You can execute family settlement deed only and no need to execute other document. 

Thank you. We need to only get the family settlement deed. Is it a legal document or does one have to do any thing else to make it proof of ownership of respective shares?

Thank you. We need to only get the family settlement deed. Is it a legal document or does one have to do any thing else to make it proof of ownership of respective shares?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register