LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shakti ranjan rath (Senior Medical Writer)     11 April 2019

Registering the same marriage twice

I discovered a one letter error in the Marriage certificate in both bride and groom's Father name. Marriage was performed as per Hindu customs and was registered under section 15 of special married act. The officials are not agreeing to rectify these errors. Should I register my Marriage again under Hindu marriage act?? Will it cause any problem to me in future from a legal point of view.


 1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 April 2019

Once the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act it will be covered under this Act, even if you try to register the marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act, the marriage will not be covered under HMA. The Registrar of Marriages when is informed about registration of marriage is done under SMA he will not register the marriage again under HMA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register