LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagriti   17 May 2019

Regarding passport seize petition

My impotent husband and his family members are convicted in dowry harassment case for 3 years(for impotent husband) and 2 years (4 other his family members). After getting Bail from district court, his elder brother absconded to abroad and he is not attending the district court and not attending the DVC case and dragging the cases and to escape from jailing. I know his passport number and the country where he absconded.Now I would like to file passport seize petition in the district court as well as in DVC case.

Can anyone please share the passport seize petition template for reference.

Thanks in advance.


 4 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     17 May 2019

Police or court cannot seize passport. Impounding of passport can be done only by the Passport authority. While the police may have power to seize a passport under Section 102 Cr.P.C. if it is permissible within the authority given under Section 102 of Cr.P.C., it does not have power to retain or impound the same, because that can only be done by the passport authority under Section 10(3) of the Passports Act. 

Aside for your kind information, calling husband an impotent is itself amounts to cruelty and even can bring criminal defamation! 

jagriti   17 May 2019

@Pradipta Nath
 you dont have sympathy towards girl life which was ruined due to his impotency and physical and mental harassament.
We have enough medical proofs that he is impotent and he and his family members admitted that he is impotent. so you dont have to worry.

if you have any template for passport seize kindly share otherwise you can ignore my msg.


Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     17 May 2019

Its okay! and actually there was no need for your explanation to me as well, for being the facts may be/are correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, you can ignore me too, Please.

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     17 May 2019

Make an application before concerned court to get the opposite part declared an absconder, get the warrants issued againt those persons who have taken bail of that person. Once the person has been declared absconder passport may be impounded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads