Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Regarding my gratuity cheque.

Hi Sir/Madam,


This is Antony Soosai J and this  is regarding my Gratuity cheque. I was working in  Pvt Ltd, Chennai from July 2012 to April 2017. Currently I am in my native. When I asked for my experience certificate to the employer in September 2017, I was informed that my Gratuity cheque is also ready for which I should come in person, sign and get the same.

            Since I am in my native, I am unable to get the cheque in person. Hence I asked my employer that I would authorize a person to get the cheque. But they did not accept my concern and they still wanted me to come in person to get it. Even after several follow ups, they are keeping it in hold. Moreover they credited my April month salary in the mid of August only.

            Kindly let me know how to proceed further.pls help.


Please call me for your query at cell no 8686159292


Retired employee.

Just issue a Registered notice demanding for such cheque as expeditiously as possible.

Wait for 15 days and lodge complaint to Designated Gratuity Officer of the Pvt Ltd. company.

This is a mandatory payment to be made within a time frame of one month.


Hi Sir Thanks for your reply. Do you mean of Legal notice? If so, how to draft that. And let me know if I can send that or should I contact a lawyer for that. Also is that can be sent through mail. Kindly assist with further details.
Retired employee.

Issue single sentence notice on your own addressed to your company on envelope, and in the lettter you have to address to Designated Gratuity Officer.


I have worked in your organisation and submitted resignation.  Paying gratuity within time frame prescribed under Gratuity Act is statutory obligation of the employer.   Inspite of many reminders ...........dept failed to pay gratuity amount, hence this notice requesting to settle gratuity within a week, failing which I will be constrained to go for recovery as per law.




download gratuity act and study it.  It may be 4 pages of A4 size paper


Request to supply the ‘Notice of Determination of Gratuity’ and Payment , Experience certificate at your permanent address in record of the establishment by registered post.

If you have changed your address then update new address to past establishment alongwith proof of address e.g; Aadhar card.

You have the option of attaching the self addressed Postage Prepaid envelope for dispatch by Registered Post from PO to you.

Mention in your letter that on dated……………….Mr/Ms……………have informed that the above mentioned have been prepared on dated…………




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x