LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep saha   22 August 2016

Regarding Mutual Divorce

We did Registry Marriage 1.5 years ago and our parents were unaware of that. We decided that after a 2-3 years we will disclose the matter in our houses and then we will be living together with everyone''s concern. Everything was good for the first six months. But after that things started worsening;differences heavily raised between our thoughts and now the point is such that both of us feel that we can live together with such differences and so decided to part aways.Even we have not seen each other for the last 1 year. Now my question is as we have decided to go for a mutual divorce and we have been separate since more than one year;what are the things I need to do to get a mutual divorce? As we never lived with each other and even our houses are unaware of this;is it possible to get the divorce without involving our houses? Though in paper we are married but in actual we have never lived together, I want to know that if she is not asking for any alimony;would it be possible to get the divorce without any alimony? Kindly help

Learning

2 Replies

sandeep saha   22 August 2016

It is not possible now because she is now forcing me to get it done as early as possible and I have also lost any sort of hope from her. Anyways;thank you for ur reply. Expecting some legal advice.

Agastya   23 August 2016

Go to any lawyer. This is divorce by mutual consent. Easiest of all. You didn't mention kids. So even more easy. Pay lawyer 60-90k to prepare draft divorce papers. It must mention that wife isn't asking for alimony Or any one time cash settlement. Both read and sign. He will file in family court. Court will give 6 months as reconsideration time. Obviously not possible in your case. That time frame can't be reduced. Court will call both after 6 months to visit a mediator. This is an elder lawyer appointed by state. No fees. Lawyer will give standard set of questions to answer. You and wife both state that no chance of reconciliation. Mediator will make one agreement with same points. Both read and sign. Court will call you about 7 days later. Answer same questions as before. Both you and wife must agree beforehand what to answer. There should be no confusion. Judge will give you speech about family values etcetra. Just nod your head. Don't fight there. No need of parents there. Sign and go from court. Within 15 days an official divorce decree with court seal will be ready. That's all. Better to separate soon. Why make 2 people unhappy. Both can move on. My policy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register