Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh   05 May 2015

Regarding legal rights for grandson

Hi,

I just have few queries regarding property rights od a grand son  or son would hold.

a)  My grandfather has his self owned property and he died unexpectedly without any property will for a     part of his property.  He has 3 sons + 1 daughter my father being elder.  Elder sons thought it would     be grateful to share the property equally and registered the property with out a will to the 3rd son in 2010 approximately

below are my quries.

1. Do grand son have the right to challange this.

2. Does my father (elder one) has any right to challenge . But he has signed the registration.

3. Is there any way to make the 3rd son not to enjoy the property.

b) my grandmother ( means my grandfather's wife ) has some self property( i.e the house bought by my grandfather on her name). Initially she had writtem a will to all of the sons equally but recently we got to know that it has been changed wantedly by the 3rd son to enjoy it alone( though the will was changed with my grand mothers consent).

1. Do grand son have the right to challange to get his share.

2. Does my father (elder one) has any right to challenge and get the share.

3. Is there any way to make the will as mandatory and should not be changed by anyone unless others consent is fulfilled.

Need an urgent reply.

Learning

2 Replies

bsrao   05 May 2015

In the first case, YES, you have a right to challenge. Your father may not challenge the alienation as he was a party. There no way you can stop him from enjoying the property.

In the second case, NO, its her property and she can give it to anyone she likes.

mahesh   05 May 2015

Sir,

One more query in the 1st case. My father has signed his OK consent on the registration of un willed property of my grand father, Still do i have the right to chalenge.???

2nd case:

Currently there is a will that her property is shared among 3 sons. Your intention is that someway we should restrict her not to chage the will. Is ther any such way ??

One more doubt. If we have requested her to give it as unregistered gift will there be any posibility of making her not to change her decision unless by court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register