Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANSHU Raj   14 June 2018

regarding illegal cash withdrawal from my savings account

dear Sir,
in July 2017, I visited bank to withdraw money . as each time , I deposited one filled up withdrawal slip with putting two signatures on, with passbook at cashier counter. after sometime cashier and peon told that my withdrawal slip had lost. then they said to fill up other withdrawal slip and to submit at counter but I denied to do so. again they said if he got lost withdrawal slip he would tear it so I submitted again. but next day I went to bank to update passbook and got shocked both withdrawals had been transacted. thereafter I complained to branch manager next regional manager also zonal manager . after five months I got reply letter from regional office mentioning both withdrawals done by me. I also complained banking ombudsman but they replied me in written that this complaint is out of my consideration and closed this under 13(d) rule. I also complained consumer forum but haven't got any satisfactorily reply . when I got reply letter from regional office confirming two withdrawals by me then I requested to copy of CCTV footage. after four months it was provided and saw only one withdrawal and reported to branch manager from where I got copy of the CCTV footage then they said me to ask regional manager how they proved two withdrawals. then I visited regional office again and took complaint again from my side to verify again.
but I think regional office won't take any action against branch. 
then what should I do? I have only one point that is CCTV footage it can't prove two withdrawals.
it's a very complex matter but money is not small it is matter of 20000/-. how can I left.
should I lodge an FIR but on what basis?

please advise me your precious suggestion in this regard to take action against bank.
thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 June 2018

You cannot do anything because you gave  withdrawl slip twice.  You have been cheated by the staff of the bank, but you don't have any proof so you cannot file a complaint.  One thing you can do how many times amount is withdrawn from the bank on the same day.  If cleark has given you amount twice on the basis of the withdrawl slip definately there will be an entry.  It is better to take CC TV footage, which clearly shows that payment has been made to you twice.

ANSHU Raj   15 June 2018

Thanks for replying me in this regard. I would like to tell you that I have got a copy of the CCTV footage from the branch. After watching carefully I found only one withdrawal taken by me. Then I informed to the branch. Thereafter branch manager suggested me a private computer center to check the CCTV footage and computer operator found the same result and orally told branch manager also. Thereafter branch manager said me to ask regional manager how they showed the timing of two withdrawals. Then I visited again to regional office but he took a complaint again to verify this matter. In brief, I say CCTV footage will never show two times of withdrawal. Also branch provided me copy of CCTV footage for one withdrawal not the other because he hadn't have the footage of timing of second withdrawal. Please advised me in this regard because I know CCTV footage result will be in favor of me. Thanks.

ANSHU Raj   15 June 2018

please advise me in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register