LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Refusal 2 return money with a threat for 376

First of all, I would like to know what are the examples for the Category IPC and where my question should come as I did not know so I selected Others.

Here is the question, one of my friend gave money to one of his known female friend. Fortunately or unfortunately he gave 6 lakhs in cash in different installments and never thought of a betrayal. The female friend returned 2 lakhs in cash, again unfortunately the mode was cash. Now, when my friend was in need of money and asked her to return the same then she is threatening him, even her husband threatened my friend that if ever my friend will call them then they gonna file a case of 376 and black mailing against him. He has not done anything apart of just asking his money back.

I was wondering that what all can be done in such scenarios even if there is a change in law in favor of female which should have been done long time back but is this the way one can threatened males who are willing to fight for their rights. What all can be done in such scenes where a female straight away threatens to file a case of 376 if someone is asking or saying a genuine thing.

Lets say if there is a single space of parking in front of two houses, can it be done then the female car owner from one house threatens the male car owner of another house that if he won't let her park in the space then she gonna file a case of 376. Its just an example query but this way are they allowed to misuse their rights or law for them?

The main problem is to get the money back , can't my friend ask for his hard earned money just under a fear of 376.

Thanks

Regards

A Newbie Learner of Law

Learning

19 Replies

LoneFighter (IT)     25 August 2014

IN order to file 376 there should be enough evidence like rape happened etc .. one cant just file a case and police can arrest that person. 

Ask your friend to buy a spypen and record when she threatens him the next time. Ask him to show it to police and file a case against her. Women biased laws are very strong, if she files a complaint against him, its gonna affect his entire career. 

Its better to be on safer side, my friend is wrongly framed because of women like this, ... plz dont neglect threats... anythign can happen tomorrow, better to be on safer side.

https://www.thehindu.com/data/the-many-shades-of-rape-cases-in-delhi/article6261042.ece

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     26 August 2014

1. Lodge a police complaint against the lady and her husband for blackmailing your friend when loaned amount was asked,

2. Also lodge a complaint against both of them for not returning the amount they had taken from your friend,

3. Additionally, file a Money Suit against both of them for recovery of the loaned amount with all the evidence of having loaned the said amount to them,

(Guest)

@LoneFighter

What if the lady makes physical relationship with her husband and then file a case against my friend?? Then?? Medical will proof about the physical thing and till the time my friend would proove himself innocent then is he eligible to get 376 just because a female said this for him??

@K.K.Ganguly

But he gave the amount in cash so no proof at all for that and now he can not talk to them as they said if ever he will call or come to talk for the money then they gonna file 376

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     26 August 2014

There are some scrupulous woman who by creating friendship with some males and after being close to them extort or earned money  from males by utilising their weakness.  This very common practice is prevailing all over the world but when males pressed their female friends for repayment they threatens for false allegations. It was sheer foolishness on the part of the male friend to give loan in cash to female friend.  However , your friend may serve a legal notice upon the female friend and her husband calling upon them to repay your money lent to them which can be evidenced by person witnesses before the court.  Any subsequent criminal complaint against your friend can be considered as after thought in the eye of law.

(Guest)

It was just a casual friendship nothing more than this. But would he be sent to jail immediately against 376 or the case would be investigated first before sending him behind the bars as if it would be investigated then nothing would come out but the question is??

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     26 August 2014

In our Indian Laws nobody can be sent to jail without allowing a  reasonable opportunity of hearing. Police must investigate in the matter first then they can arrest the accused.and submit their report of investigation. before the Magistrate for further order if any.

LoneFighter (IT)     27 August 2014

I agree with Biswanath Sir,

I dont think i have anything to add to this conversation. But just to sum it up,

I do not think if it was just a casual friendship, anyone could file a 376 case just like that and take them to court. Have yourselves equipped with enough ammunition to face the war, though its just a threat for now. You might regret it later if you dont ...

(Guest)

@Biswanath Roy

I am a bit relaxed now

@LoneFighter

Can you explain the whole thing that had happened with your friend and how he came out of false allegations, what all he had to face for the same??

Regards

LoneFighter (IT)     28 August 2014

@Learning Law: Thats a long story. He has completely messed it up. Completely without his knowledge. You can probably PM me. We can discuss it on gtalk or something...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2014

who advised him to loan such a huge amount (whose loss he cannot afford) to a party who has no resources to return.

There is something hidden.  come clear with facts.

(Guest)

@LoneFighter

I thought it would be helpful for many like my friend if posted openly, could be a learning curve for all as it is for you as you know your friend's story.

@Sudhir Kumar

Don't make assumptions. The world can not run on deception, there has to be some trust and might be the amount which is big for you could be tiny for someone. Even I have given money to many of my friends even more than this though I did a bank transfer that too close friends and yes without charge of interest.

But what had happened to my friend could have happened to me or someone else and I really need to get him out of it. Its not all about the money, its about the broken trust. When she was in need of money my friend gave him and later on she denied with threats. If she would have asked more time to manage the money then a different case but what she is doing now can't be gulped in simple ways so I thought to take a legal advise before we do anything.

And yup, no offence, its just our way of living in the world. When someone is in need, we don't care about the money as its not precious than someone's need or life but yes if someone thinks to gulp it we don't care to teach a lesson but here is something different and we want to be at the safe side then I noticed there are many things in the society which generally people are not aware of like the law of our country and because of which innocent people face loads of troubles. Thank you for your comments though but I was in need of some advice from serious lawyers.

Thanks

Regards

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     28 August 2014

@ Mr. Learning Law,

It's a pity that you do not know how to address a Senior most lawyer of the Bar. Can you address Barrister Somnath Chatterjee as 'Somnath Chatterjee or Senior Counsel Mr. Arun Jetly as' Arun Jetly'' or Senior Counsel Mr.Soli J. Sorabji  as 'Soli Sorabji'? As you are by name 'LEARNING LAW' so i advice you to learn etiquette first how to address Experts.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2014

this is a free service forum and nothing can be got in charity for free by discourtesy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2014

A person who is learned, matured and responsible enough cannot be expected to act irresponsibly.  Your friend cannot be a fool to lend such a huge money to anyone he trusted without any evidence or without making any arrangement for its return.  In my opinion, the query appears to hypothetical.  You are learning law, learning it from your tutors and not from this forum, this place is meant for rendering free legal solutions to the needy and not to learners.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register