LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhasish (SDE)     03 December 2013

Refund of booking amount for flat


My father booked a flat on April 2013 by paying 2 lakhs in cheque as booking amount and a receipt given by them. After 5 days, due to some personal reason he cancelled the booking verbally. The builder told that he will return the money soon when someone will book a flat as some 20% deduction is done automatically for new booking by banks as informed by him.

Now 7 months over, still he is telling that no booking took place during this period ans as soon as a booking will be done, he will return the money.

Please suggest what my father can do now.

Thanking you.


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     03 December 2013

You can send legal notice and call builder to pay the booking amount.

2BHelpfull (Other)     04 December 2013

he is avoiding the payment.


Send him notice .donnot wait for long time to give notice.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2013

Did you father enter into any agreement with the builder?, if so what are the conditions governing the return of advance amount?, show your papers to your local advocate, seek his advise and proceed further, I think you may have to talk to the guy and then issue notice or else, you may sometimes be at fault resulting into total forfeiture ofthe amount paid to him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register