LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P RaviShankar-cell-8939332195 (Advocate )     24 September 2019

refund of booking amount

Sir, I had booked a flat for which I had paid booking amount to the promoter. An agreement for sale was entered into between promoter and me. there is a clause in the agreement that in case of cancellation by me I will have to forego booking amount. due to monetary constraints I could not go ahead with the flat and I informed the promoter of the same. The promoter refuses to return the booking amount. the project is RERA registered. kindly advise me about getting back the booking amount.

Learning

5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     24 September 2019

The agreement is void in the eye of law.consult lawyer to file a suit.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     24 September 2019

The agreement is void in the eye of law.consult lawyer to file a suit.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 September 2019

Dear if you have agreed that in case you failed to purchase the flate or cacel the same the money will forfiet,then you can do nothing. 

You are bound by the terms of agreement,if you cancel then forget the money;

It is better to make request to the promotor and explain him your problem may be he will return some or whole of money if he is kind enough and human.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 September 2019

No agreement is meant to provide a means for unearned benefit. The promoter is bound to return the advance less the expenses he has incurred and damages, if any, suffered.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 October 2019

You file a complaint in the consumer court. You are yourself a junior advocate. You need a good lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register