LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopal (Consultant)     21 August 2013

Rectification of sale deed - advise required

Hi Advocates, I am from Chennai, I bought a Land in 2004, which is part of a huge Layout in Tiruvallur Village. The layout consists of multiple survey number's and was registered the layout owner through multiple saledeeds.

My Land is coming under two survey number which has two sale deeds like 4059 and 4060. But while documenting Instead of 4059 and 4060 it is mentioned as 4051 and 4060. When we take the EC it shows 4059 and 4060. 4051 also belong to the layout owner but for a different survey number not related to my land.

Now what is the procedure to correct this error.

Do i need to do a rectification deed?

There is no change in any Name or schedule of property, So do i need to pay the stampduty based on current guideline value or it can be done with RS 100 Stamp paper.

Is there any other ways to correct this error. Please provide your valuable advise

Thanks Gopal

 2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     21 August 2013

who drafted this sale deed? is it u or the layout owner? if it is u  then u have to shell out from your pocket for rectification deed, if it is his mistake he has to rectify that. if  there is an error relating to descripttion of Survey Number or the area of the property, then the Rectification Deed may have to be stamped and registered as a conveyance. There are many other situations where the registering authority may insist on payment of additional stamp duty and registration charges. Generally, it is to be taken that if the rectification does not result in transfer or conveyance of any other or additional property, only nominal stamp duty and registration charges are payable.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     21 August 2013

Agree with the views expressed by Mr. Raghavan.... For corretion in the Survey number only nominal stamp duty is payable.... Check at your Sub Registrar offie. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query