Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul Samad   15 September 2018

rectification of our property

dear reader I am writing this to seek a legal advice from the expert. My query is related to our property which has been registered in the year 1985 and the person who registered it was my father and he died in the year 1993. The property in question is 172 square yards but recently when we measured it. the property now after measuring is of 325 square yards. now I want to rectify this property to 325 square yards I tried to find a solution for this rectification but there is no one who is coming forward to do the above. my query is how to get this property rectified because every person to whom am approaching he is asking the persons presence who had made this registration that means they want my dead father to be present at the registration. This property is an ancestral property when I got the encumbrance. according to the encumbrance we cannot find any prior records of this property it means you don't find any prior owner registered other than this gift deed which is made by my father to my mother. and the property is registered under the registration act is registered under the properties act. please advise


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 September 2018

The variation is roughly half to half.  I think it may not be such variation.  You shall take the help of a Government surveyor or an approved surveyor for correct measurements.  2.  When the executant (here your father) is expired, his all legal heirs may execute rectification deed.  the deed was registered in your mother's favour, your mother and all other legal heirs shall execute the rectification deed in your mother's favour.( your mother is executant as legal heir and claimant in different capacities.

1 Like

Abdul Samad   15 September 2018

dear sir,

what do you suggest me to do now ? please explain it in a step by step procedure.

thank you.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 September 2018

if you want to clear doubts call me at 9490929460.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads