LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sajjad (owner)     11 November 2010

Rectification deed


Hi, My wife purchased a Land in chennai through 2 power of attorneys in 2008 , In the body of sale deed the

area of plot mentioned is wrong (instead  of 800 sqft it is written as 1800 sqft.). In schedule it is rightly mentioned. My question is Should the power of Attorneys have to sign the rectification deed or original seller? 

What if I don't find the power of Attorney to Sign or Seller? Is their any other way to correct the above problem?


 8 Replies


Two options are available to you

1. To get the Power agents to sign the rectification deed before the sub-registrar.

2. to file a suit for declaration against the owner , general power agents in a civil court to get remedy 

1 Like

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     11 November 2010

The principal seller or the agent can execute the rectification deed. If they dont come forward, you can file a suit for declaration and mandatory injunction directing the seller to execute the rectification dee..

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 November 2010

In rectification deed sing whose person who is dign in sale deed. 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 November 2010

who is sign in sale deed. If the power of attorney person registered the sale deed u registred a declaration the original owner of property in short time.

1 Like

sajjad (owner)     12 November 2010

Thanks for your reply.

Actually One power agent is not willing to come foward and sign the deed, Other is co-operating. Should have to file a suit for declaration and mandatory injuction against both or againt a particular power agent who is not cooperating. ? Also Is there a time limit to file this suit. its been over 2 years?  After sometime what if I don't find don't find the sellers and the power agents? Please help?

Balakumar.S (Self-employed)     12 November 2010

You can very well get the Rectification Deed from the Principals of the Power Agents namely owners; In case if one of the power agent is ready but the owners of the property are not ready to execute Rectification deed, you may file a suit for Declaration.


within three years a suit for declaration and mandatory injunction  can be filed.

kumarasrinivas kanigiri (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     13 November 2010

what Mr. Ganesan stated is absolutely right.  go ahead with your job. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query