Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY SWARUP   09 April 2016

Rectification deed

Dear Sirs

Please clarify this doubt

My father was having a property and he died intestate. Myself, my mother and my grand mother became legal hiers for the same.

As my grand mother was too old and residing at another district, I got a special power to settle the property. Based on that I got my grandmother's share and my 2/3rd share was settled to my mother. Hence my mother became the absolute owner of the property.

Actually the dimensions of the property was typed by mistake in the Special Power and also in the settlement deeds. Now I wish to correct the same. Please suggest me how to do the same.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 April 2016

If the special power and gift settlement deeds registered, they may be rectified by way of execution of rectifification deed rectifying the mistakes.  it costs normally less.

(Guest)

If your Special Power of Attorney and Settlement Deed is registered from Sub-Registrar than you can correct the dimension by executing the Rectification Deed.

If you reside in Delhi than the stamp Duty for Rectification Deed is Rs. 100/-

For registration of documents kindly refer this link- https://www.edrafter.in/registration-of-documents/

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register