Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar (Manager)     05 June 2011

Women's share in property

hi,

I am from tamil nadu. There are around 10 acres of agri.land in my father's name which he got it from his father. he has two sons and two daughters. Both the daughters that is my sisters got married in 1970 and 1972. My father died without writing any will.  Now my doubt is that is my sisters have any right in the property ?

Learning

6 Replies

VIJAY MONGA (ADVOCATE)     05 June 2011

YES MR. SANKAR, BOTH OF YOUR SISTERS ARE HAVING 2/4TH UNDIVIDED SHARE (1/4TH EACH) IN PROPERTY LEFT BY YOUR FATHER WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.

VIJAY MONGA (ADVOCATE)     05 June 2011

YES MR. SANKAR, BOTH OF YOUR SISTERS ARE HAVING 2/4TH UNDIVIDED SHARE (1/4TH EACH) IN PROPERTY LEFT BY YOUR FATHER WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 June 2011

It is an ancestral property, your sisters being a coparceners are entittle to claim equal share along with 2 brothers, so each will get 1/5th share ( 2 brothers+ 2 sisters+ 1 mother) each

Advocate M.Bhadra   06 June 2011

I am agree with Mr.Rajeev and Mr.Monga.

sankar (Manager)     06 June 2011

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Please tell me that, is there any thing to do with year of marriage for women.  because one lawyer told me that in tamil nadu if the women got married before 1989 then they r not entitled to any share.

S. K. Vaidya (Employee)     06 June 2011

if your grand father died after passing Hindu succession act 1956 then your father become absolute owner of the said property and after his death property devolves upon his heirs . This will be the main criteria to decide the right of daughters share?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register