Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rishi (Sales Executive)     17 June 2011

Seeking Advice from Experts of Respected members of LCI!!

I am staying in a flat in Bangalore for the since  Sept-2009. I took this flat for lease for 3 years by paying the owner4.5 Lacs through cheque. After about 6 months we started getting visitors from different financial institution asking for this person who was continuously defaulting on various loan which he had taken.

We manage to speak to him during this time and he could settle those EMI as when some issue raise. However, the process continued and until we get a shock somebody from Indian Pvt bank came to our above said flat asking this person, we were told by him that this person has defaulted EMI for last three months and he is not reachable. Since then we/and the bank  are trying to trace this person but no whereabouts. Today we have received a letter from the bank addressed to the owner and telling others that the property has been attached and no one can deal with this person for this property.

I sincerely seek expert advice on this matter. Apparently me and brother are working personnel and my mother and father are only people available during the working hrs and that's when we receive such letters which gives them shocks.

Learning

1 Replies

piyush sharma (Lawyer)     18 June 2011

The bank must have taken permission from some court to attach the property (most probabily from DRT). You must hire some good advocate and file an application before the court or recovery officer to stop the attachment proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More