Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

what should i do?


Respected Sir/Madam,

I got married in 2009. Since 6 months i m staying with my parents. This is bcaz of some quarel between me and my husband due to my liayer in-laws. Even though i talked to my husband to clear my side but still he didn't trust me. He abused me. Even thought my family members & mediators approached to him still he didn't leasen to them. Now what should i do. Should i go for divorce but on which background? I m asking this question bcaz for long we will stay like this only as we both r not in contact for last 6 months. Husband is just relax. He is not coming forward to solve the problem. Then what should i do?

Please help me.

Thank  you.


hi priydarshani,

u can file divorce petition. but 1st u can file maintaince application u/s.125 of the Cr.P.C. 



Thanks Pooja.

But may i konw how the maintainance application will work out.

Thanks again





You said that you stay with your parents since 6 months.
The is bcaz of some quarel between me and my husband due to my liayer thing you have to keep in mind that in many cases the inlaws from husband or wife side create some disturbances between husband and wife that is the real situation in india.
I am happy that your approach is try to settle the matter as you said that, “Even though i talked to my husband to clear my side but still he didn't trust me. He abused me. Your husband has to know the fact that he want to spend the life with you, not the whole time with their parents and also know the real fact about this as you are trying to conciliate  the matter.
Now you asked Should i go for divorce but on which background?
My advise is first tell the whole thing and try to settle the matter and if he accept you then not go to the court.
But if he didn’t respond you then wait some time around 15 or 25 days after that file divorce petition .If he ready to give divorce then file divorce by mutial consent under section 13 B of Hindu marriage act,1955.
If he don’t agree with the divorce then try to know the real reason and give the reason through this forum or PM. And thereafter file divorce petition under section 13 of Hindu marriage act, 1955.
13.              Divorce.
(ib) Has deserted the petitioner for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition
 So, you want to wait for 2years.
And last maintenance .At this time don’t file for maintenance. First   follow the above steps i.e. clear the disputes and trying to conciliate the matter. After that if all fails then file for divorce and if your have a good job then don’t file for divorce but if you don’t have job and then you can file for maintenance but as a last option as if he didn’t live with you then better to file DV mutual consent section13B.And you get quick remedy.

Total likes : 1 times


Correction:above  your have a good job then don’t file for divorce 

correct;If  you have a good job then don’t file for maintenance.:P

Done with AIBE



If you want your marriage to constinue, first file for Restitution of Conjugal rights...

civil practice

In my opinion please wait and watch..


try reconciliation through family elders , friends and mediators. if this fails file RCR. dont break the marriage for trivial issues.

dont file fake cases.
as a under cover nuclear weapon is the best weapon in modern times , if u use it it will harm both of u .

go fast on reconciliation , if all efforts fail go for MCD as a last resort only.


Agreed with Avinash Kaur. be patient and try to iron out the differences first through reconcilliation and mediation first.

Total likes : 2 times


Try to reconcile priyadarshini.  Breaking marriage should me the last option. You think and decide what you want, and then proceed in that direction. If you want to save your marriage then :-

First try to solve it within family, mediators, common friends or relatives, and keep all the proofs that you didn't wanted to break this marriage.

write an application to the social justice & welfare department of your city,  and go to a protection officer with application that you havebeen deserted by your inlaws etc, but you want to live with your husband and want to save your marriage. That will help you, you can ask for councelling or mediation to protection officers. Apart from this you can also file RCR, restitution on conjugal rights.

All the best




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x