Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sundar (NA)     08 August 2010

Please Help...Need Consulting

Dear All,

I have been married for over year and a half. My inlaws took my wife when she was 3 months pregnent as a part of ritual. There was some communication gap which let to misunderstanding(not exactly)....when i visited my in laws place and wanted the issue to be sorted out(cleared) ...but i did not want to discuss the same in their house...so i went to her place at 10:30 pm with due permission from my wife. But my inlaws were not ready to send her with me. They lied to me saying that they will send her to my home by the end of 3rd month of pregnency. but it has been more than 4 months and there has not been any response. When questioned her parents they are not responding. More over they have started complaining that i am a hefty drinker and my joblessness was not a crieteria...I do drink once in a while with prior permission from my wife....only in front of her....now they she says that sheid not willing to come with me and she is asking me (verbally) to file a divorce there by blackmailing me....I have been experiencing these type of torture since the first month of the marriage leading to mental agony. When we were together we were happy....but my inlaws have infected my wife with negative thoughts which has led to unneccessary clash of ego's...I have always avoided such conflicts.....but their negative approach has forced me to be bit rigid as i do not want to loose my credibility and dignity. More over she has been provoking me so that i react hastely...she has been in touch with one of her ex-collegue..inspite of me telling her that i didnot like that post marriage(just possesiveness)....She says that she doesn't want to live with me....but ready to live only when i visit her place and not ready to live in my place(we are joint family)...Please advise if i file a divorce...should i give her compensation or alimony as she was working earlier and never informed me that she quit her job and her father submitted the resignation letter and never bothered to inform me....Moreover my inlaws have been miscommunicating to their relative that i have deserted her and not willing to take her back..which is not true.

Thanks,
Sundararaman.M

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     08 August 2010

From your query, it is not clear as to what exactly the problem is between you and your wife and as to why your wife and your in laws are against sending her to your home. Anyway, if you are interested in continuing with the marriage, you have the option of filing a petition before the family court against your wife for restitution of conjugal rights. 

ad. creaminall (professional Advocate)     08 August 2010

first of all write a letter to your wife and mentioned every thing for which you have complaint against her and at the end request her to comeback at her matrimonial home. sent the letter through R. P.Ad. wait for her reply. let she say that she is not intent to come back or you are jobless or etc. After receipt a reply from your wife you may get an idea that what to do.

Sundar (NA)     09 August 2010

Dear All,

Thanks for the immediate response...and sorry for the delayed response from my side.. Even I am not clear as to what is the reason for this seperation. There is a baseless argument which my wife says that.....She is ready to live with me but not at my parent's home....we live in a house owned by my parents.....I even asked if we can go seperately...for that ...she is ready to live with me at ready to take care of my parents ...but not at my parents house..... (Confussed...???)....even... i am confused....I just see this as a baseless point... :)...... More over  "Mother of all Problem" is "Mother"....Not mine..coz...my mother never indulges in any of our matters as she always passifies me....(when i complain to her)....life is live and not break up...she also says...she is the youngest...and she needs time to adjust.....but whenever my wife visits her mothers place ...she always explicitly exhibits adamancy and arrogancy....I've even heard her mother say...."Let him do what he can"..... on many occassion... The worst case is that...her negative attitude got revealed minutes after marriage...since we didnot want to create any problem...I kept silent..... Whenever my wife either speaks to her mom or visits her...she always injects her infectious thoughts to her unneccessarily...spoiling the matters...her mother has also managed to convience my wife that....The law is women friendly and as male he cannot do..anything....She is not even letting me an oppurtunity to take my wife in private as she fears that...i could convience my wife....whenever i talk to my wife for a compromise....she almost falls for me..but....the moment her mother intervene....all the effort is gone..in the wind...without a trace....:(

Thanks,

Sundararaman.M      

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More