LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

indianzindian (business)     29 September 2010

need advice

what advantages girl has if  the place of marriage is hometown of girl and husband is from other town....need advice on this .. girl has left husband to her hometown and she may take some legal steps ..can she file 498a or dv case from her hometown which is marriage place and not place where she resided with hubby..does court or police there has jurisdiction to act....



 2 Replies

Saratchandra Sivalenka (Lawyer)     30 September 2010

Dear Sir,

The wife pretty much can file anywhere the place of current residence, place of marriage, place where she lived with husband, etc.


Sivalenka SP Saratchandra Kumar, MA, BL
Hyderabad Lawyer for NRIs
Door No 1-8-540/2, First Floor
Next Lane to Odeon Theatre, Chikkadpally
Hyderabad, AP 500020
Tel: +91-9490119818

aslam (bmc)     01 October 2010

dear sir

i m facing a  498a complain case in lower court in bihar . case is still not under trial. high court has granted  provisional bail for concialtion in lower court. since lower court calls frequnetly which was not possible for me to appear in person. lower court cancelled bail and issued arrest warrant to the city of my employment which is in haryana .

i have appealed for quashing the order of lower court order in high court. mean while how to avoid arrest by haryana police legally. pl suggest


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register