Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jiger (trainee)     27 May 2012

Freezing of eps a/c under pf

Hi,

One Of Applicant to whome I was supposed to hier; He said that if they will not leave their services asap then His EPS Amount will be freezed. 

I take first round of interviews not yet handeling Core task of HR; So can anyone please let me know that "what is the freezing of EPS A/c. What are the conditions under this.?

Regards,

J.

Learning

11 Replies

R.Ganesan (Lect.)     27 May 2012

Dear Jiger, Is the hirer jobless for a longer time? The epf account becomes inoperative to the extent that it will not be credited with any more annual interest payments at the end of the third financial year when there are no contributions for three years together at a stretch. The non interest payment is due to the fact that epfo incurs expenditure for maintaining the inoperative epf accounts. Hope this clarifies your doubt. Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN.

jiger (trainee)     28 May 2012

Dear Sir,

The job applicants were On job with other company & they were talking abour EPS A/C. No.10 that it get freezed if they will complete 10yrs in their company.

So it is So. What is the concept behind this?

Dear Sir,

The job applicants were On job with other company & they were talking abour EPS A/C. No.10 that it get freezed if they will complete 10yrs in their company.

Dear Sir,

R.Ganesan (Lect.)     29 May 2012

Dear Sir,

It is true that after 9.5  years of epf memebership (and not 10 years as claimed), eps amount cannot be withdrawn. One has to wait till 58 years for epf pension (or 50 years if one opts for early pension).

Before 9.5 years one can withdraw epf pension corpus provided one certifies that he is unemployed or he is abroad for more than a year.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

R. Ganesan.

R.Ganesan (Lect.)     29 May 2012

Dear Sir,

It is true that after 9.5  years of epf memebership (and not 10 years as claimed), eps amount cannot be withdrawn. One has to wait till 58 years for epf pension (or 50 years if one opts for early pension).

Before 9.5 years one can withdraw epf pension corpus provided one certifies that he is unemployed or he is abroad for more than a year.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

R. Ganesan.

jiger (trainee)     29 May 2012

Wow!

Thanks a lot to solve my query.

Thanks you Sir Once Again.

Jigar.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2012

Ther eis no provision of freezing of any benefit arising out of EPF&MP Act 1952 abd scheme theeunder.  You are entering into an illegal contract.

jiger (trainee)     06 June 2012

Now Im Confused!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2012

I do not understand what is the confusion.

• EPS is a benefit under  EPF&MP Act 1952
  • Benefits under  EPF&MP Act 1952  cannot be attached even by court
  • You are not a court

• The EPS is being maintained by EPDO andnot by you.
  • You can at the most withold attestatin of claim form and render yourself liable for prosecution.

So beytter is to follow lawful channel for recovery of something which is due.

jiger (trainee)     12 June 2012

Thanks Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register