LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRABAHARAN GM (STUDENT)     09 February 2012

Civil

my dears , my father have two wife. i am son of first wife. and also i have 1 brother,1sister,

my grandfether gave land settlement to my mother on 1982.now second wife son can enter inti that land?

Learning

4 Replies

PRABAHARAN GM (STUDENT)     09 February 2012

Originally posted by :PRABAHARAN GM
"
my dears , my father have two wife. i am son of first wife. and also i have 1 brother,1sister,

my grandfether gave land settlement to my mother on 1982.now second wife son can enter into that land?
"

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     09 February 2012

Dear Prabharan,

No, neither the 2nd wife of ur father nor their children have any rights over the said property.

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     09 February 2012

If the property was self-acquired property of your grand father, he  has full right to transfer the same to any person including your mother thru registered Will or Gift Deed.  If this is the case, you are advised to get the same registered in your mother's name at the earliest.  However, if it is an ancestral property, it is to be distributed amongst all the children.  

Further, your father has not divorced your mother, his second marriage is illegal and she cannot have any right on the property.

PRABAHARAN GM (STUDENT)     10 February 2012

hai my dears, my big question the following are, 1.what are legal rights of second wife son in grandfther's land? 2.my grandfather land settlement give to my mother on 1982 and also registered at register office. Now anyboday broke that settlement?(my grandfather dead) 3.if second wife son get share in land ,only one share get or more?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More