Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANKARPRASAD (MNGR)     05 May 2011

Cheating in Online shopping.by Deals and You company.

I have attracted by the ad of Deals and You company and paid through credit card an amount of Rs.3599-00 for a 1TB seagate make extra Hard disk.My order No. is 85408 booked on 31-03-2011 and merchant ref no. is : 20110330200829.

They acknowledge THe receipt through mail.

fter frequent followups simple answer from company is : THEY WON'T HAVE ANY ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION. THERE IS NOBODY IN THAT COMPANY TO ESCALATE THE PROBLEM. THERE IS NO OTHER CONTACT No. EXCEPT : 01206726777.

I HAVEE PAID THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR THE PRODUCT WHAT EVER THEY WANT.

Now company response is almost Nil. They are saying they won't return my amount also.

There is no guarenteed date to supply the material from their side.

Bank people also said that it is not possible to trace for which account my amount hasbeen transferred. They didnot have any address( this is the bank reoly).

Pl. suggest me how to proceed against this company. Your  valuable suggestion will be helpful not only to me but for somany who are expressing their pains in socialnetwork websites.

Looking for your cooperation.

Regards

NVS Sankaram

Learning

14 Replies

D Sharma (Support)     06 May 2011

Dear Sankaram,

We are sorry to hear about your problem and we would like to mention that we are actively listening to all customer queries. We've got your details about the order number and to process your query, we'd request you for your Contact number so that our support team can call you.

Our email id is smedia@dealsandyou.com

Please be assured of an urgent resolution from our side. 

DnY Support. 

SANKARPRASAD (MNGR)     06 May 2011

my only question is  : Why you people are denying your address to come to your office and discuss.

What is your land line no.

Why you are asking the people to pay through online if you have system to refund.

Is it not cheating?. 

Ultimately somebody called me after i have approached to enforcement directorate ( to look into financial activities and Taxes) that too without having an address of your office.

Next one Different Union Ministries to findout the concerned people in your office Reg. this cheating.

Any how still there is no clarity fom your end. The Case no. what you have allotted is the best example of the performance of your company.

Just only i want a solution from your company and pl. dispaly your office details with easily available contact no. if you are doing really genuine business. Pl. don't cheat the public.

D Sharma (Support)     07 May 2011

Dear Sankaram, Thank you for your query.You can always give us a call at 0120-6726777 where we address all support queries. The support team is available from 09:30 – 20:30 and from Monday to Saturday. We would like humbly like to mention that we are amongst India's leading and trusted e-commerce portals currently serving customers across all parts of India. We sincerely apologize once again for any inconvenience that you might have faced a customer. We'd be resolving the same at the earliest and our support team member would be giving you a callback on Monday.

anu (owner)     07 August 2011

DAY LIGHT ROBERY OF SENIOR CITIZEN

I had placed an order no 1990892 on 30-6-2011 for equity 32 pcs melamine dinner set +steam iron+electri toaster combo. the order was delivered after number of reminders on 22-7-2011. i paid rs 2348 to their delivery boy. on opening i found one small bowl broken which is with me even now.
in addition steam iron and toasters were not delevered
i regd a complaint on 22-7-2011 itself reporting missing items and damaged piece vide complain no 804895 with their customer support office .they advised me to redeliver the entire pkg to their depot at my cost and obtain refund. i refused all this due my age of 80. mr krishnan promissed to organise delivery of missing/broken  items shortly.
i spoke to mr robert on their no 9223516148 informing of non receipt on 28-7-2011 .he informed that the items are expected to be deliverd by 6-8-2011. on 2-8-2011 when i spoke to mr krishnan for status  he advised me tht robert made a wrong commitment and i should redeliver all items to their designated place to obtain refnd of my hard earned money paid in cash?
what kind of customer oriented service this business is in? i find on CONSUMER COURT (an ngo) number of coplains are regd against them
IF THIS IS HOW COMPANIES CAN TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS MORE SO SENIOR CITIZENS- why cant be they black listed and action taken by criminal agencies? 
anil parikh 

JAI HO
The hands that help are greater than lips that pray.
anilparikh-80
hon.ex.president senior citizen mandal-ghatkoper
12-13 kailas nivas 1,r b mehta road,ghatkoper-e,mumbai77.
e-mail:dhairya6@yahoo.com 
https://www.facebook.com/anil.parikh
https://www.youtube.com/user/ntpc3456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnSe1_hs1C0
mobile 9322834239
hello 91-22- 31909898

anu (owner)     07 August 2011

• on line buying is the most annoying experience. you cant check delivery of contents-pay without opening content-shortage damage to be reported-consignment to be retnd at your cost in their pkng to their godown to obtain refund

• Anil Parikh DECIDE WHETHER YOU WANT TO BE TREATED IN SUCH A MANNER

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 August 2011

D Sharma, Support ,Deals and You company

LCI member Mr.NVS Sankaram has asked you twice to write your address in your reply posted in this forum. You have not posted your address.Will you please do that, by Monday.

You have claimed in that:"we are amongst India's leading and trusted e-commerce portals currently serving customers across all parts of India"

Therefore it is expected of you that you shall not need reminder.

NVS SANKARAM

(Guest)

@ NVS Sankaram

I read this thread today morning,but did not have the time to write here.So I am writing now.

I am very thankful to you for letting us know about this cheat company.

I say thanks to you because I get every day min. 4-5 times SMS and e-mail advertisements from this company which try to lure me by informing of their very attractive deals.

I was on the verge of buying 1 of these deals,but your timely thread posted here on LCI has stopped me from buying anything from them.

So I have decided never to deal with this cheat company,or with any other company that sells goods/services without providing any address or contact details.

Yes I agree with Kumar Doab,because I also noticed the same thing that despite you requesting D Sharma for providing the company address,he is not providing the same.This is the biggest sign of a cheater company.If they were genuine,they would have noting to fear after displaying their address.

Thanks once again for cautioning me & others..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2011

LCI member Mr.NVS Sankaram

Is your issue resolved and adrees supplied?

Shinu (Software Engineer)     01 November 2011

I Have bought a deal form deals and you...  It costs around Rs . 599/- .

They emaild a confirmation mail for my purchase & it tells the delivery will be within 20-22 working days. ..

After that I called their support team 7 they told me that the product I ordered is out of stock & will refund my money...

They E-mailed me to refund the cash within 16 working day...

After that the amount not credited..& I called them..they again saying excuses that it will credit with in two days three days..etc... I called them more than 7 times for this ... But they are trying to avoid me...

Atlast they told that they had credited my amount to the corresponding bank... So it is not their fault & need to consult with bank.. When I enquired in bank , they told me that they have no data avaliable with that branch who debited money from my account... 

deals and you are trying to cheat customers... No satisfied customer support...

kindly let me know how can I claim for my money against deals and you...

Thank You.
Shinu

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 November 2011

In place of making phone calls at your expense, supply a notice ( which you can also send) and demand to supply you the details vide which money has been refunded to you e.g NEFT, electronic transfer, cheque/DD and corresponding a/c number , bank name, branch adress,from which the money is issued and a/c number in which money is deposited , AWB numver of courier, POD etc,, say within next 7 days, and if they fail to do so, you shall be constrained to lodge a complaint with cyber crime cell, go public with your complaint at your cost and consequences.

You can approach forums like :

pehredar

and print and electronic media, Police etc.You can give the address tro police.

Link: https://www.dealsandyou.com/contacts/

Deals and You (Smile Group)

Address :  Plot No. 521, Udyog Vihar - Phase 3

City : Gurgaon

Industry : Information Technology (IT)

State : Haryana

Company Type : Industry Best

Pin : 122001

Total Turnover : 10-100 Crs

Phone No :

click to view number

No. of Emp. : 251-500

Sector : Private Sector

Contact Us

Contact Information  

Customer Service & Support:

Email us at support@dealsandyou.com or Call us at (0120)-672-6777 from Monday to Saturday, 9.30am to 8.30pm

Business Opportunities & Sales Enquiries:

Do get in touch with us at sales@dealsandyou.com Our representatives will contact you shortly to help you through.

Press:

If anything about us interests you and you fancy knowing us; then do contact us at press@dealsandyou.com

Our Official Coordinates:

Plot No. 426, Udyog Vihar - Phase 3, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 001.
Tel: (0120)-672-6777
E-mail : support@dealsandyou.com

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     01 November 2011

Thanks Mr. Doab for supplying this address.I appreciate your legal advice to the author.

At the same time I am grateful to this author for also alerting us about dealsforyou company.So from now forth,I am alerted enough not to deal with them EVER despite their lucrative deals.. 

Cavin Mendes (SAP)     21 November 2011

Hi, I had brought two coupons o send tof Rs. 399/ each from Dealsandyou. However the coupon never came on my screen and when i raised a query to send Coupon or refund money, Deals and you just say it has been esclatted and they dont give any contact number or reference no. I have alreay raised this issue via online consumer cell and want to do consumer court complaint for fraud. Please guide me how to lodge a fraud complaint against dela and you. 

RAJENDRA GADRE (OWNER)     14 April 2012

I have ordered a tab order no 490775 on 29/3/2011 I was told on line that the product will be delivered on or before 7 days on enquiring i have learned that the same will be complted on 11/4/2011. on 11/4/2011 at about 3.00 pm when contacted the service dept. y phone they said the issue will be resolved in 48 hours and given a complain no 141228 and said the problem will be soved  by 13/4/2011. When I have made a contact on 14/4/2011 the call center person is saying that it is 48 working hours ? and I have to contact on Mon afternoon that is on 16/4/2011 .  This is just cheating the customer as they collect the money or sell a product on line that is 24 X 7 but at the time of delivery it is workign days / hours ? - Please let me know where I have to complain about such things so that others may not get cheated.  - Thanks - rajendra

Basanta Kumar Misra (Retired Industrial Consultant)     13 December 2013

After going through advertisment of  100bestbuy.com, that is, easy 100% Cash Back if  not winning

I have paid, Rs.399/-  on 23/11/2013 to participate in the contest  for one  Appeal i.Phone-5, on  Rs.199/-

on 02/12/2013 to  participate for a Blackberry  Play station ( Talbet). In both the cases, 100bestbuy has sent me, two coupons.  As,  on 28/11/2013,  one executive informed me over phone that, as I was

shortlisted for the contest,  as well as, I  had one I Ball tablet, I have to pay then another Rs.7999/-

so that, the company would ship the  I ball Tablet. As, I declined to pay any extra amount,then which

was mentioned  as the conditions when iI participated in the contest, nest day I got a mail that my order was cancelled for the I Ball tablet.  Thus, I, became suspicios on yhe integrity of the company and

for which I had requested for the Refund of the amount paid.

However, I received a mail from the company that, as I have participated  in the contest, I have to wait till 15th December, 2013.  And,04/12/2013,  one of the executive of the company inform me over

phone that,I have won the Blackberry  Tablet,  and, on 15th December, formally I will be intimated,

however, the BlackBerry Tablet costs more than the cost  on the BlackBerry Playtime ( Tablet )

I should  confirm the payment of the extra amount. Which, I declined. Any  way  as I find that,

the total amount of Rs. 598/ 9 Rs.399/-+Rs.199/-),  which used to be removed from the site  at

My Account  as well as the My Credits, as per the terms of Condition of  contest , I became sure

that I have won the Contest.  However,on several  mails, to confirm me the winning in the contest

per mails. But,the company never responded to my mails, rather, they send mails that, there were

my order are pend with them and they are sending.  Hence, called to to company  and asked one of the

executive on 09/12/2013, that, the company must confirm me my winning as I was intimated on 04/11/2013,  then find, that, since my payment of Rs. 598/- and credits are back tomy Acount.

Now, I am sure, a grouph of vheats have started this company,only to cheat the people , by give

false and fake advertisements. As, such act of the company amounts to  fraudaleting cheating cheating

alsoindulging in unfair trade practice.

So, I have decided to make an FIR at Orissa Police ( Crime & Cyber Crime) and a complain case

before  the SDJM, to take cognizance and to issue warrant and  Before the District Consumer Forum

under Sec. 2(1)(r).

Please any expert/s give his/her/their views.

BEEKAYM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More