Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamal singh (N/A)     02 June 2011

Brother-in-law's misbehavior


My sister got married around 2 years back. her mother in law's berhavior is not good with her she use to abuse my sister and my family. and my brother-in-law was ignorant about all this.. then after 2 years my family decided to talk to their family but instead of listening to the issues they started blaming us for interfering in their family. Now my brother-in-law also started misbehaving with my family on calls and now he is saying us not to ring my sister at all..

Please suggest what should I do in such a situation.


 19 Replies


what does your sister want?


You had posted your problem in the past also and were given some solutions.Did you act upon them?

kamal singh (N/A)     02 June 2011

@ Meenal.. after some discussions over phone calls my brother in law promised that all these issues will never happen. so we send my sister back.. Now all this is happening...we thought ..first give them a chance to improve the things but all seems waste.

kamal singh (N/A)     02 June 2011

@ Uma : we are not ab;e to contact her .. I guess her cell phone is not with her now.

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     02 June 2011

File a case of wrongful restraint and Habeas corpus just to know that your sister is safe first... then talk to her what she wants and you can take it up from there.... on the flipside if your sister is happy now although there is no communication from her in what ever manner... you filing any of these cases may disrupt her family life.... take care

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     02 June 2011

read as: and / or Habeas Corpus...

Self service (None)     02 June 2011

Instead of findng sister's condition on intternet just visit her with few kg sweets and hope for good. Why always

be negative?

kamal singh (N/A)     02 June 2011

she has just went there day before yesterday and right after reaching there ..these all things come up..

Zeeshan (Hidden)     03 June 2011

Originally posted by :kamal singh
she has just went there day before yesterday and right after reaching there ..these all things come up..

day before yesterday . ?  She told her story as she reaches there to you or your mother. In a day only ? How she able to talk if her MIL is so harsh ?  Why send off your sis? Either bring'ghar jamai' or 'you also go with her. It's the best option.


Did your sis ever told what wrong she does ? Every girl's family think that there girl is perfect & always right. 


I advice you to leave you sis handle situation herself. She have to manage. It's bitter truth that she has gone to husband home. She has to manage. Ignore her little complaints. 

My words are bitter but I know how girl blame husband & her family.


And if case is geniounly severe than every body knows about the law. 



First thing is to find her. Is she fine ? To know this, involve some common friends / relatives who could visit her in-laws place and check if she is fine. Then ask some common acquintance to intervene and make the husband and wife sit together and decide about the future of their marriage. If needed be, even for the wellbeing of both the families, the couple should stay away from BOTH THE FAMILIES and understand each other for some time.


Meanwhile if they realize that they cant stay with each other, they should take a decision. And if they are well adjusted with each other, its good for BOTH THE FAMILIES.


But as I said, FIRST find if she is fine. But still make sure that there is no heated argument etc between the families. Even if the couple is destined to part, it should be done peacefully without ruining the life of anyone



Your sister is major hence she should be able to think what is right  / wrong for her.

No body should be interefering in married girls life like un-invited judges.

If your BIL doesnt want you guys to call her then let it be.

Let some time pass and your sister would be able to win everybody's respect @ inlaws place. The more you try to control inlaws the more its going to be strained relation. If you try to get into micro managing things and looking in to day to day issues of her life then believe me it is going to be disasterous life for all of you.

Zeeshan (Hidden)     03 June 2011

Zeeshan (Hidden)     04 June 2011

Caught you , you are the one who also previously asked same query. And I there also replied same.

You know what's the problem with you ?

You want answer which are in your mind & are favorable.

Ok, I'll give favorable answer.

Go file 498a/406/4/dp & Dv 125 act. These are some common acts who can disturb your's sis inlaws. Consult any ( I mean any , even mentally retarded ) advocate. He can advice you for these laws these days.  Go file them & see the consequences yourself. 

Now I give answer you want. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query