LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kumar   16 November 2019

Quiting old job and joing new job.

Sir, i have applied for a govt job without taking NOC from old go t job , now i am selected for new job . My question is that how can i legally quit old job and join new job. Is NOC necessary for this. I am working as junior assistant allahabad Highcourt district court.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 November 2019

Yes .You were suppoused to apply for the job with the permission of of your employer that too bein in a Govt. Job.

You must get NOC or you will be introuble in future. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 November 2019

It is also necessary that you should inform facts in your application, and in all such notifications, there is a column that states Whether employed, If government employee, apply through proper channel etc. As you are working in the court itself, take all precautions and your Supdt can guide you better, and if NOC is required then present it as you may get credit of your completed service also, if the completed service is negligible and NOC was not insisted just forget the issue and resign the job.  But you have to contact the future employer and should confirm whether NOC is necessary for joining or not.

(Guest)
leave it and resign

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2019

NOC is a matter of procedure; but not a mandatory requrement. In public service, it is sufficient if the employee gives while applying for jobs through PSC, SSC etc.

In the instant case, you my quit and join the new job. However, if you arre joining another Government job past service would not be counted unless the procedural requirements are followed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register