Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Talekar (Consultant)     11 April 2011

Quesry on Resale Flat Outstanding

Hi,

I have purchased a 1 BHK flat in Mumbai in March 2010. The building is still controlled by the builder and the society is not formed legally. However there is a society functioning and is taking care of the day to day activities.

When i purchased a flat, builder has given me NOC staing that there are no dues of the seller. However last month i came to know in society meeting that there following dues pending by the last owner -

1. Amount of Rs. 20000 towards the BMC tax for the Year of 2007 and 2008 as the BMC tax is paid by the individual flat owner from 2007 onwards.

2. Amount of Rs. 16000 towards the internal charges conveyed by the builder towards the pending dues of the flat owner before year 2008.

Now society is behind me to pay these charges (Either by settling it with the last owner or alone). I am really trapped as despite of the NOC from Builder clearly stating of no dues, there is this amount which is unknown to me. I have the registered the agreement wherein i have paid the stamp duty and registration fees and the registration clauses also say that the old owner has to pay all the dues till his date of possession.

I had a word with the last owner, however he is just playing with me by prolonging the meeting with me.

What should i do to collect the dues from the old owner. I need Legal advice.

Thanks

Rajesh

Learning

4 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 April 2011

U give a legal notice to the old owner for that or u file a suit in court for outstandign amount.  

Rajesh Talekar (Consultant)     11 April 2011

Hi,

Thanks Sir. What do i need to do to send him the legal notice?

Thanks

Rajesh

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     13 April 2011

U read sale deed condition in one condition write that all dues are paid by old owner and after sale deed pay all dues new owner then U give notice.

(Guest)

Our website can help you become informed about what some of your options are, but for a case evaluation tailored to your specific circumstances.

Boston Foreclosure

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register