LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Archita upadhyay   08 March 2017

Query

I am working with Icici and i have resigned in dec after which i got a clearance mail stating my last date as 18 march. There was a cash deposit of 1 lakh in my account in old currency during demonetisation period. I was asked for the source of fund and usage of funds by Icici transaction monitoring team of which i had given the explanation and the required documents which they have asked after which there was no further communication seeking further explanation after 18th jan. Now before a week of my relieving date Icici has cancelled my resignation stating that there is investigation going on. I was not given any notice of cancellation. How can they hold my resignation when i have given proper explanation and if that was not justified then why i was not asked about it in earlier january. If they have to cancel the resign then why it was not cancelled in the very beginning of investigation. My HR and my branch staff knew that i have resigned cause of medical issues and a surgery is planned in march. How can they delay my relieving when i have not been at fault. Kindly suggest is there any legal remedy for this cause i have given the source n usage specifically.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2017

What is this investigation that is going on?

How is your employment with cash deposited in your personal a/c?

You have a planned surgery.

Yuo must have applied for sick leave and obtained sanction.

Download and keep these copies.

Inform/remind about surgery to employer. 

(Guest)

Sir,

Kindly mention that in which account was the currency deposited. 

Secondly what gave ICICI Bank the jurisdiction to question you regarding the deposit?

thirdly if the money was deposited with the bank then how can it be in old curreny notes?!! the money was in the account not in safe box. It was digital!! period.

fourthly how can ICICI Bank initiate inquiry with respct to the deposits in your account

Archita upadhyay   08 March 2017

Yes i was on leave from 9th sep to 5th dec. It was not approved by HR despite of giving the medical certificate prescripttion and x ray reports, but HR and branch manager both are well aware of it. Cash was deposited in my savings account which is there in Icici.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register